+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name updation post ITA! please help..

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Dear members....Please help!

Initially, I had my surname/lastname field blank in my passport.
So when i had submitted my profile to CIC, I had kept my given name blank and written my name in lastname field as suggested in CIC.

But unable to continue the same way post ITA, i decided to get my husband's surname added... thus got a new passport with a surname.

I thought I will update the initial profile as well which showed the 'transmitted' and lock sign.
I opened the personal details form, but found that it doesn't allow me to make changes anymore.
Then when i exited the form, it is now showing 'not started'

Is it an issue? what are the consequences? what do i need to do?

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
draviki said:
Dear members....Please help!

Initially, I had my surname/lastname field blank in my passport.
So when i had submitted my profile to CIC, I had kept my given name blank and written my name in lastname field as suggested in CIC.

But unable to continue the same way post ITA, i decided to get my husband's surname added... thus got a new passport with a surname.

I thought I will update the initial profile as well which showed the 'transmitted' and lock sign.
I opened the personal details form, but found that it doesn't allow me to make changes anymore.
Then when i exited the form, it is now showing 'not started'

Is it an issue? what are the consequences? what do i need to do?
Hi,

Input NA in the first/Given name field and proceed. Also, since you have now got the passport updated, it would be safer to attach an affidavit with LOE explaining that the provided name variations are of a single person.

Regards,

VSG

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
vsgautam said:
Hi,

Input NA in the first/Given name field and proceed. Also, since you have now got the passport updated, it would be safer to attach an affidavit with LOE explaining that the provided name variations are of a single person.

Regards,

VSG
No vsgautam,

I don't have issue in post ITA forms, those I'm filling rightly as per my new passport..

My concern is regarding the forms we submitted initially to enter the EE pool...
Prior to receiving ITA, we could update them, but now it is locked. I wanted to update my info in those forms as well.

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
draviki said:
No vsgautam,

I don't have issue in post ITA forms, those I'm filling rightly as per my new passport..

My concern is regarding the forms we submitted initially to enter the EE pool...
Prior to receiving ITA, we could update them, but now it is locked. I wanted to update my info in those forms as well.

In this case also it is advisable to provide the affidavit to avoid any confusion in the pre and post ITA profile.

VSG

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
vsgautam said:
In this case also it is advisable to provide the affidavit to avoid any confusion in the pre and post ITA profile.

VSG
yes, will be providing the affidavit for the name change.

But my question is regarding the pre ITA personal details form displaying 'Not Started' instead of 'Transmitted'
Can it be rectified ? or it can be ignored?

any idea anyone...if someone has faced it....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draviki said:
yes, will be providing the affidavit for the name change.

But my question is regarding the pre ITA personal details form displaying 'Not Started' instead of 'Transmitted'
Can it be rectified ? or it can be ignored?

any idea anyone...if someone has faced it....
Ignore the pre ITA form. Only the post ITA form really matters to application processing. The pre ITA form matters inasmuch as it serves as a comparison benchmark against the post ITA form so that the officer can verify if there are any material differences between the two applications.

If nothing of that sort exists (or even if it does and has been satisfactorily explained in the post ITA form) the pre ITA form is simply an informational relic in the EE system.

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Ignore the pre ITA form. Only the post ITA form really matters to application processing. The pre ITA form matters inasmuch as it serves as a comparison benchmark against the post ITA form so that the officer can verify if there are any material differences between the two applications.

If nothing of that sort exists (or even if it does and has been satisfactorily explained in the post ITA form) the pre ITA form is simply an informational relic in the EE system.
Thank you so much Asivad..

Well, there's one more issue in that case...

For my spouse's work history section,
My spouse's reference letters have job title as 'software engineer' (i.e NOC-2173) but his roles and responsibilities listed are as per NOC-2174.
So, i had listed his NOC code as 2174 in his work history in pre ITA forms.

My question is:
Is it ok if I keep NOC code 2174 but put the job title as 'software engineer' in the post ITA forms as well?
Is that fine? Or it needs any clarification in LOE?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draviki said:
Thank you so much Asivad..

Well, there's one more issue in that case...
I mistakenly entered a different NOC code for my spouse work history in the pre ITA form.

But post ITA, I'm filling it correctly and as per the reference letters he holds.
(i.e. the NOC code and Job title would be different in pre and post ITA forms of my spouse work history)

Is that fine? Or I should clarify that matter in LOE as well?
If the work experience was acquired in Canada, explain it using an LOE.

If the experience was acquired outside Canada and your spouse ins't the PA, that experience is irrelevant to this PR application and you can safely remove it altogether from the work history in post ITA form.

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
If the work experience was acquired in Canada, explain it using an LOE.

If the experience was acquired outside Canada and your spouse ins't the PA, that experience is irrelevant to this PR application and you can safely remove it altogether from the work history in post ITA form.
oh... Thanks. Actually there's a modification in my question.

My spouse's reference letters have job title as 'software engineer' (i.e NOC-2173) but his roles and responsibilities listed are as per NOC-2174.

My question is:
Is it ok if I keep NOC code 2174 but put the job title as 'software engineer' in the post ITA forms as well?

You say it can be removed, but I doubt it, because his work exp points have been included in my score I suppose.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draviki said:
oh... Thanks. Actually there's a modification in my question.

My question is:

You say it can be removed, but I doubt it, because his work exp points have been included in my score I suppose.
You have done the right thing in choosing NOC 2174 because that matches with their responsibilities. Ignore the job title.

Assuming your are the PA, your spouse's work experience will get you a maximum of 10 points ONLY if they have Canadian work experience. You can check this in your MyCIC profile and your ITA letter as well. If it isn't Canadian work experience, you get no points for their work experience. In that case, whether you add their experience to your profile or not has no bearing on your PR application.

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You have done the right thing in choosing NOC 2174 because that matches with their responsibilities. Ignore the job title.

Assuming your are the PA, your spouse's work experience will get you a maximum of 10 points ONLY if they have Canadian work experience. You can check this in your MyCIC profile and your ITA letter as well. If it isn't Canadian work experience, you get no points for their work experience. In that case, whether you add their experience to your profile or not has no bearing on your PR application.
Oh yes... you are right. Only canadian work exp hold points for spouse.

I was just going through my score points. I noticed that I have got 122 points for language proficiency. But i don't know how?
How did they calculate it?
Coz as per my IELTS score, listening-9, reading-7.5, speaking-7.5, writing-7
The CLB is 9 or 10 that counts to either 29*4 = 116 or 32*4=128. So where did 122 come from?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draviki said:
Oh yes... you are right. Only canadian work exp hold points for spouse.

I was just going through my score points. I noticed that I have got 122 points for language proficiency. But i don't know how?
How did they calculate it?
Coz as per my IELTS score, listening-9, reading-7.5, speaking-7.5, writing-7
The CLB is 9 or 10 that counts to either 29*4 = 116 or 32*4=128. So where did 122 come from?
2 sections are at CLB 10 (L & S) getting you 64 points and 2 sections are at CLB 9 (R & W) getting you 58 points adding up to 122.

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
2 sections are at CLB 10 (L & S) getting you 64 points and 2 sections are at CLB 9 (R & W) getting you 58 points adding up to 122.
Ohh... I was close to that 2 10s and 9s but didn't think of counting 32 and 29... :)

Great! Thank you once again Asivad...