+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name Split issue in OCI application

Mvrsingh123

Mar 1, 2021
I am currently a Canadian citizen, and will be applying for OCI application (with Indian Passport surrender).

The issue: In Indian passport my given name is xxx yyy. In Canadian passport and all IDs, surname is yyy, and given name is xxx.

Will BLS process the OCI application with this name split ? I want to have same name in OCI as that of Canadian passport.

If they will not accept the application, what do I do here?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: tashi0001

tashi0001

May 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Doc's Request.
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
16-02-2018
File Transfer...
03-07-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-07-2018
My friend in same case, let us know if you found a way

Nov 2, 2020
Hello Mvr Singh and tashi,

I had the same issue and used the affidavit (wording explained below) and got OCI with the same format as the canadian passport. please let me know if need more information.

In case if first name is XXX in Canadian passport and no last name in the Indian passport, please make a Notarized Affidavit stating that both the names are same, you have never changed you legal name, both names present the same person and reason explaining name variation.

thanks ad regards,

SIMRAN0001

Jul 22, 2014

I had the same issue and used the affidavit (wording explained below) and got OCI with the same format as the canadian passport. please let me know if need more information.

In case if first name is XXX in Canadian passport and no last name in the Indian passport, please make a Notarized Affidavit stating that both the names are same, you have never changed you legal name, both names present the same person and reason explaining name variation.

thanks ad regards,
Can you please help. can you verify on Canadian passport your given name is “XXX” or empty?

Aug 1, 2022

thanks ad regards,

Aug 1, 2022
Hi
Can you please tell me what format your Oci card name was as same as Canadian passport ? Or was in the format of given name enter in the given name field and surname was blank?

Nov 2, 2020
Hi
Can you please tell me what format your Oci card name was as same as Canadian passport ? Or was in the format of given name enter in the given name field and surname was blank?
Hello Gurinder Kaur,

OCI card was issued in the same format as Canadian passport which is given name as XXX and then the full name in surname. Hope it helps!.

thanks and regards,

jasveer063

Oct 15, 2022

thanks ad regards,
Hiii what reason you wrote for variation?