+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name spelt incorrect in the degree certificates

SUKAN_26

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hi Guys..

There is a name mismatch in my degree certificate

The name in my all other documents is written as "Suganya" but in my degree certificate & Marksheets it is spelt as "Sukanya".

Is it better to get the name changed on my marksheets and degree certificates? or an affidavit would work in this case?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi Guys..

There is a name mismatch in my degree certificate

The name in my all other documents is written as "Suganya" but in my degree certificate & Marksheets it is spelt as "Sukanya".

Is it better to get the name changed on my marksheets and degree certificates? or an affidavit would work in this case?
Yes it would be- get it notarized, if possible.

SUKAN_26

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Yes it would be- get it notarized, if possible.
Thank you so much for you reply...

But would like to elobrate my question with a few more queries in detail
I am on the process of trying to get my name changed to the right spelling from my university... But they are giving irrelevant reasons on the same and not sure whether it’ll be done

1. If I apply the transcript and send it to WES my degree certificates spelling will be mentioned in the confirmation they give which would differ from the other documents such as passport etc should I send an affidavit to WES as well in this case?

2. What impact would this cause to me for applying the PR how do I upload my Affidavit?

Kindly suggest me a better option for this scenario - is changing the name in the degree certificate is the only option or there are other alternative options in this case which would be a better one

SUKAN_26

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Has anybody faced an similar kind of issue and has used alternate options for the scenario? Please advise

kimba

Nov 6, 2019
Thank you so much for you reply...

But would like to elobrate my question with a few more queries in detail
I am on the process of trying to get my name changed to the right spelling from my university... But they are giving irrelevant reasons on the same and not sure whether it’ll be done

1. If I apply the transcript and send it to WES my degree certificates spelling will be mentioned in the confirmation they give which would differ from the other documents such as passport etc should I send an affidavit to WES as well in this case?

2. What impact would this cause to me for applying the PR how do I upload my Affidavit?

Kindly suggest me a better option for this scenario - is changing the name in the degree certificate is the only option or there are other alternative options in this case which would be a better one

Hi Sukan,

I'm facing a similar issue...
How did you resolve it?

Did you change your name at your university or did WES accept your Affidavit ?