+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NAME SPELLINGS SLIGHTLY CHANGE IN EDUCATIONAL DOCX AND PASSPORT

Patient Immigrant

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Hello all!
This issue seems very complicated. I ve different surname spellings on my passport and on educational documents. In passport it has been written as *mEEr* and in documents it is as *mIr*. Will it create any issue while taking admission in any canadian university? I mean will the university administration manage and ignore this minor change? Comments from experienced persons on this subject are most welcomed.

MaazAwan

Jan 8, 2013
I dun know about canadian universities but i am 80% sure Canadian embassy will ignore dis issue.I have also going through simmilar caseand embassy has not raised any issue up till now related to this miss spellings.

Patient Immigrant

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Thanks for reply. Yes i ve read several posts which show canadian embassy usually dont make it an issue. But i am really concerned about getting into some uni there. May be they create identification issues.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Patient Immigrant said:
Hello all!
This issue seems very complicated. I ve different surname spellings on my passport and on educational documents. In passport it has been written as *mEEr* and in documents it is as *mIr*. Will it create any issue while taking admission in any canadian university? I mean will the university administration manage and ignore this minor change? Comments from experienced persons on this subject are most welcomed.
I had name problem bit similar.

I would recommend you to get your name corrected in passport immediately as in educational documents. Since, getting name changed is easy in passport as compared to other documents.

There are two methods :

1. This method will save you lot of hassles later. If you are from India, you need 2 publications- 1 in english newspaper and other in local daily (local language).
Then get an affidavit that you have changed name from *mir* against earlier *meer* and will use *mir * from hereon.

Submit these documents and in passport office and Voila, your name is changed.

If you are from any other country, I would recommend you to to follow procedure locally followed.

2. Or give embassy an affidavit that *mir* and *meer* are same persons...... and in some documents it is mir and in some it is meer.

Best of Luck.

Patient Immigrant

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
ms.mech said:
I had name problem bit similar.

I would recommend you to get your name corrected in passport immediately as in educational documents. Since, getting name changed is easy in passport as compared to other documents.

There are two methods :

1. This method will save you lot of hassles later. If you are from India, you need 2 publications- 1 in english newspaper and other in local daily (local language).
Then get an affidavit that you have changed name from *mir* against earlier *meer* and will use *mir * from hereon.

Submit these documents and in passport office and Voila, your name is changed.

If you are from any other country, I would recommend you to to follow procedure locally followed.

2. Or give embassy an affidavit that *mir* and *meer* are same persons...... and in some documents it is mir and in some it is meer.

Best of Luck.
Thank you dear...but i just did remed and now it seems very difficult to make a name change in passport when my immigration process is on ending stage. So u mean will it create lot of hassle later if it has not been corrected now?

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Patient Immigrant said:
Thank you dear...but i just did remed and now it seems very difficult to make a name change in passport when my immigration process is on ending stage. So u mean will it create lot of hassle later if it has not been corrected now?
It might create problem later on eg. during job application and when they will check your name registered in passport and certificates.

Patient Immigrant

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
ms.mech said:
It might create problem later on eg. during job application and when they will check your name registered in passport and certificates.
And what if i give Canadian university an affidavit that *mir* and *meer* are same persons...... and in some documents it is mir and in some it is meer. Will it be appreciated? and which surname i should use in filling the admission forms there?
As my passport will be requested somehow in the near future so the process of changing name in pp is very time consuming.