+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name spelling was wrong in passport

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Hi , I am applying for super visa for my MIL. She has applied for visitor visa in 2011 and in 2016. Her visa got rejected.
Now I am applying for supervisa , however while filling the application , i noticed a mistake in her name spelling. So she applied a new new Passport with correct spelling and got the new passport.
My question is previously when she applied she got refused and UCI was generated with the mistake in spelling.
Now when i am applying for supervisa i am putting her previous UCI number. Will this cause any issue? because her UCI is generated against the previous file with wrong spelling of her name?
Please Advise

mkaur92

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
Hi , I am applying for super visa for my MIL. She has applied for visitor visa in 2011 and in 2016. Her visa got rejected.
Now I am applying for supervisa , however while filling the application , i noticed a mistake in her name spelling. So she applied a new new Passport with correct spelling and got the new passport.
My question is previously when she applied she got refused and UCI was generated with the mistake in spelling.
Now when i am applying for supervisa i am putting her previous UCI number. Will this cause any issue? because her UCI is generated against the previous file with wrong spelling of her name?
Please Advise
I have a same situation,my mother got rejected in 2016 and found out there was spelling mistake in her name. I again applied this month and UCI is different than before

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
I have a same situation,my mother got rejected in 2016 and found out there was spelling mistake in her name. I again applied this month and UCI is different than before
Thanks , i am providing the duration of stay 7 months , is this duration is good or have to be year for super visa? she has to return after 7 months to host ceremony..
and i am stating that she will return and i will be responsible for her financial support in the invitation letter only. do i need to fill any declaration form for that purpose ?

Last edited: