+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name spelled wrong

sanna

Aug 6, 2012
Hi
I need to submit sponsorship application for my wife. Her first name is spelled wrong in her school documents. Now she is done with schooling there. In the application CIC asked for schools documents would this make any problem as her name is spelled correct in all other official documents such as passport birth certificate etc. Can I make a correction by hand writing on her school documents photo copies? I don't know if her school will change it that much easy.

Thanks

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Since this is a 'spousal' application, education is probably of little consequence. Rather than attempting to "correct" it, simply attach a note of explanation.

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
sanna said:
Hi
I need to submit sponsorship application for my wife. Her first name is spelled wrong in her school documents. Now she is done with schooling there. In the application CIC asked for schools documents would this make any problem as her name is spelled correct in all other official documents such as passport birth certificate etc. Can I make a correction by hand writing on her school documents photo copies? I don't know if her school will change it that much easy.

Thanks
I think it should not matter that much....When they print the Visa they will go with the name spellings on the Passport ...

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
truesmile said:
Since this is a 'spousal' application, education is probably of little consequence. Rather than attempting to "correct" it, simply attach a note of explanation.
Even it education does not affect decision, to avoid confusion, as truesmile says attach a short explanation note.

sanna

Aug 6, 2012
Hi
She went to her school she was told that is not possible to change or make correction. So I don't have any other option then I will include a letter explain that the name is miss spelled and date of birth is 1 year different then all other official documents and we tried to make the correction to not cause any confusions but her school authority did not help us with this.

Hopefully they will understand us.

Thanks