+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name on Letter of acceptance doesn't match with my name on passport

Amitoj Grewal

Mar 5, 2022
Given name section on my LOA doesn't have Singh but the given name on my passport contain Singh, is this a problem?
Singh is my middle name

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Given name section on my LOA doesn't have Singh but the given name on my passport contain Singh, is this a problem?
Singh is my middle name
Long as the LOA name matches with the one in the passport its fine, for example first and middle name or first and last name. my LOA only had my first name and my family name. My passport has my middle name included.
I got the study permit, got the visa, renewed my study permit eventually and renewed my visa. it never caused any problems.

Reactions: Amitoj Grewal

Amitoj Grewal

Mar 5, 2022
Long as the LOA name matches with the one in the passport its fine, for example first and middle name or first and last name. my LOA only had my first name and my family name. My passport has my middle name included.
I got the study permit, got the visa, renewed my study permit eventually and renewed my visa. it never caused any problems.
Thank you so much :)

Huss0347

Mar 29, 2022
Hi! Hope you are doing fine
I want ask a question as I am confused. I applied for my visa as a student and got my visa but my LOA and letter of introduction that I have received from IRCC have different address, as in my university I have mistakenly used common address that we use regularly but in my visa application I have used my official home address and both the address are slightly different. What should I do ?

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi! Hope you are doing fine
I want ask a question as I am confused. I applied for my visa as a student and got my visa but my LOA and letter of introduction that I have received from IRCC have different address, as in my university I have mistakenly used common address that we use regularly but in my visa application I have used my official home address and both the address are slightly different. What should I do ?
if you already got the visa issued and you already have the letter of acceptance then you're good to go.