+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name not found in CIC system while landing as PR

Hanzo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Hello all,

Today I went with my wife to Niagara Falls to do my landing at Rainbow Bridge. Everything went well in the US side. We got the refusal letters from US customs (because we didn't have US visa) and headed back to the Canadian customs. We handed our passports, CoPR and the refusal letters to the officer at the front desk and she asked us to have a seat. Another officer called us and asked us to show POF, so I showed her my job contact and pay stubs. She asked us to have a seat again. Few minutes later she called us and said "Well, it seems there's a problem. I found your wife's name in our system but I couldn't find yours. You have two options; You have to either call CIC to arrange a landing appointment or we'll call you back when our system is updated.". I asked her if this is normal and happened before. She said this happens from time to time as some officers in CPC-Ottawa compile a list of applicants before updating the system. She asked me for my contact info so she can call me once my name is listed in their database, hopefully by Monday or Tuesday. She also said I don't have to go through the US customs again to get another refusal letter. Did anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hanzo said:
Hello all,

Today I went with my wife to Niagara Falls to do my landing at Rainbow Bridge. Everything went well in the US side. We got the refusal letters from US customs (because we didn't have US visa) and headed back to the Canadian customs. We handed our passports, CoPR and the refusal letters to the officer at the front desk and she asked us to have a seat. Another officer called us and asked us to show POF, so I showed her my job contact and pay stubs. She asked us to have a seat again. Few minutes later she called us and said "Well, it seems there's a problem. I found your wife's name in our system but I couldn't find yours. You have two options; You have to either call CIC to arrange a landing appointment or we'll call you back when our system is updated.". I asked her if this is normal and happened before. She said this happens from time to time as some officers in CPC-Ottawa compile a list of applicants before updating the system. She asked me for my contact info so she can call me once my name is listed in their database, hopefully by Monday or Tuesday. She also said I don't have to go through the US customs again to get another refusal letter. Did anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks!
1. There is an operational bulletin about this problem. see: OB 587 http://tinyurl.com/ls8q3r9

Hanzo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Thank you PMM for this useful link. I was allowed to re-entry Canada based on my current status (i.e. work permit). However, I don't know what would happen to someone who lands in Canada for the first time and can't find his/her CoPR in the system. Very inconvenient for sure.