+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name Mismatch

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hello Friends

I have an issue with my name not matching between what is listed on my Passport and the version of my name mentioned in educational and job certificates. Could you please help me as to how I can counter any doubts or questions in this regard, from CIC, when I get an ITA?

I believe an affidavit can be drafted to state that both versions of the name are for the same person? Or is there a different alternative.

Thank you!
Krishna

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thank you BigFish! Any suggestions as to a specific format prescribed for such purposes? As you know a variety of formats and wordings are available with Notarys.

regards
Krishna

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
I had a similar issue made notarized affidavit on 100 rs mentioned that both the names are one and same provided all supporting documents PAN,Passport,Adhar.

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thank you for your guidance gantisunil86. So I guess a standard format of the Affidavit would be fine & acceptable for ITA purpose; I guess going by your experience?

big fish

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
akprasad1 said:
Thank you BigFish! Any suggestions as to a specific format prescribed for such purposes? As you know a variety of formats and wordings are available with Notarys.

regards
Krishna
I don't have one but I think any clear statement ("My name is XXX, I am often referred to as YYYY, which was also used for NNN education credential" -blah-blah-blah) with notarization will do.

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Dear gantisunil86,

Thanks for the information. I have a small doubt which I hope you can clarify. My complete name is Given in "Given Name" Coloumn in passport, however on my educational documents it is mentioned with Surname and Given name. Will an affidavit do the job, or I need to get my passport rectified.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Max

Pgairola

Sep 13, 2018
I too have the same issue. In my certificates km. (In English it means Ms.) is written before my name but its not there in the passport and i don’t have any lastname too. For last name i can add my husban’d surname but should i go for it or not? Or I can just fill my express entry form without Sirname and make an affidavit For name mismatch in passport and certificates. Pls try to post ur suggestions asap

Pkpk

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
Hi folks,
I need to confirm that do we have to send an affidavit to wes or while applying for PR?
Also, while getting reference number from WES, should I go for the name mentioned on passport or the name on educational certificates?

Kat_1981

Nov 15, 2018
Dear gantisunil86,

Thanks for the information. I have a small doubt which I hope you can clarify. My complete name is Given in "Given Name" Coloumn in passport, however on my educational documents it is mentioned with Surname and Given name. Will an affidavit do the job, or I need to get my passport rectified.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Max
I have the same problem.. How did you solve this issue ?

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
I have the same problem.. How did you solve this issue ?[/QUOTe
Got my passport reissued with correct name. Filled an online form, took an appointment and received my new passport with amended name in a week.