+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name discrepancy

SNijjar

Apr 9, 2019
Hi, i have received an ITA and 54 days are remaining for me to submit the PR application. I am the primary candidate and my husband is the secondary. I am an Indian with an Indian passport but we are applying from US. I do not have a last name but at certain places a last name is a must hence there are the following discrepancies in my name:

1. The Given name in my passport and all school and college documents is Sheena and last name field is blank. Also police verification from India mentions name as Sheena.
2. I am applying under FSW, and my name with the company(Back in India) is Sheena Nijjar. Nijjar being my father's last name also given in Passport as Father's name. WES mentions my name as (Nijjar), Sheena. Last name in mentioned in bracket probably because my name in academic transcripts was Sheena.
3. US Police Clearance and US VISA mentions my mane as FNU Sheena. I took my IELTS in USA and they advised to put Sheena FNU (First name unknown).

I am getting the following documents as proof:
- Letter from My company in India mentioning that Sheena and Sheena Nijjar are the same name.
- An affidavit from Notary public here in USA saying all these are the same person
- My birth Certificate (trying to get this made)

Is there any other document that I should submit as proof? Can this discrepancy lead to a rejection? also, please advise if I should put a Yes or No when asked 'Did you have any other names apart from the name in the application', because technically my name is only Sheena and Nijjar and FNU are only used where the system did not accept a blank last name.

Really appreciate your help.

yj09

Apr 26, 2019
I think you can have a statutory declaration to declare you have these names, and you are the one and the same person; also can explain about the reason.

Reactions: SNijjar