+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NAME different in passport and other documents

dreamz6480

Dec 7, 2015
Hi all ,

I am planning to apply for Express entry in 2016... However I have a problem in my name in Passport and other documents like University document , Class XII and Class X document... My name as per passport is

Given Name / First Name :- Narayanan
SurName :- Sudheesh Kumar

Where as the name in other documents like University document , Class XII and Class X document is Sudheesh Kumar Narayanan . The First Name and Surname is inter changed in passport.. I have a valid B1 visa under this name... Will it be an issue if i apply for visa with these details

Thanks In advance

gorot2

Jun 11, 2015
My wife had the same issue while applying for our PR under express entry this year, we went to the police station swore an affidavit to confirm she's the same person mentioned in both documents even though the name differ and didn't exist in her birth certificate, our PR visa was issue on the 18th of November to prove that the approach worked perfectly .Also do not forget to pick the "yes" if CIC ask if you have used any other name or have any other name apart from the name on your passport this questions will appear in your express entry profile and your CIC application ,you will have the opportunity to list the other names if you select that option and your problem will be solved.

mshb

Sep 10, 2018
I have name as Mohammad in passport and Mohd in other educational documents. Will it affect my application? Or do i need to provide documentation to say these are the same person?

Kaleem@123

Jun 18, 2019
I have name as Mohammad in passport and Mohd in other educational documents. Will it affect my application? Or do i need to provide documentation to say these are the same person?
Hi Mohammed, even my problem is also the same.I think you have to submit Affidavit from advocate as its the same person with the short form in first name. This may work out. If you have sorted out the issue let me know what hv u done?

hemuhere

Sep 4, 2019
Hello,

Even I have the same issue,

Where in my SSC, Inter and B.Tech, my name is like "SOMEREDDY HAME SUNDHER" but in the rest all the documents, (passport, ID proofs etc) will be as "HEMA SUNDAR SOMIREDDY" and I even have published my "name change" update in newspapers. Right now I am applying for Canada Study Visa. Could you let me know, what measures do I need to take?