+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name Confusion for WES

Harizvar

Nov 23, 2017
Sir I have applied for WES .in all my certificates My name is mentioned as HARISH G but in my passport my name is mentioned as HARISH GOPI while filling the form with the Canada immigration for which I have to stick either with HARISH G (or) HARISH GOPI ???? Please guide me .thanks in advance for your answers

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Sir I have applied for WES .in all my certificates My name is mentioned as HARISH G but in my passport my name is mentioned as HARISH GOPI while filling the form with the Canada immigration for which I have to stick either with HARISH G (or) HARISH GOPI ???? Please guide me .thanks in advance for your answers
You must use the name that appears in your passport in all forms for Canadian immigration. The difference between your name in your certificates and that in your passport is negligible and can be later explained in a simple letter that you are the same person.

Reactions: Harizvar

bhvuan

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Hi,
I also have a similar issue. I applied to WES as per my passport name while my education documents contain initials.

WES gave the report under my passport name only with a separate field mentioning the initials name as per educational credentials.

For immigration purposes, use the passport name in all places. I would also suggest to get a same name affidavit as a precaution.

Bettaa

Nov 22, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
20/11/2017
Doc's Request.
nil
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
20/11/2017
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
20/11/2017
Med's Request
not needed
Med's Done....
22/10/2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Your PR application should be based on your name in passport. Your WES name should contain your full surname and ask WES to include G in bracket after Gopi as your certificates contain only Harish G. They will include this request if you send an email through the contact section in WES prior to issuing ECA. In my case I used my full name both for PR application and WES and WES mentioned the initial of surname in the bracket in ECA like Harish Gopi (G)

Last edited: