+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

name change question

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
hey guys m, my oath ceremony is on 13th and right after that with in 2-3 days i am moving to ontario
I want to change my name( add my last name) if i go to ontario i have to wait for one year, so i want to do it here in alberta, registry clerk said name change takes one month so do you guys think i should sent my application for name change now and it’ll be done by july end and before that i’ll oath with name which i have been using
Is this correct ? Or i should wait till i get my citizenship certificate?
One more question, do you guys know when we get our fingerprints done, does rcmp send it to the department where we send application for name change or do they send it to us and we send them with the application??

Manny02

Star Member
Sep 21, 2021
hey guys m, my oath ceremony is on 13th and right after that with in 2-3 days i am moving to ontario
I want to change my name( add my last name) if i go to ontario i have to wait for one year, so i want to do it here in alberta, registry clerk said name change takes one month so do you guys think i should sent my application for name change now and it’ll be done by july end and before that i’ll oath with name which i have been using
Is this correct ? Or i should wait till i get my citizenship certificate?
One more question, do you guys know when we get our fingerprints done, does rcmp send it to the department where we send application for name change or do they send it to us and we send them with the application??
Same boat wondered what you did?