+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name change in PR Card after change in Passport

Feb 19, 2018
Hello everyone,

This is Sanchit Ahirrao here from Montreal. Me and my wife are both PR's now.

I have a query for my wife's name change in the PR card after her name was changed on her Indian Passport after marriage. Please help me by answering it.

1.) Should the name on the PR card and passport always match? Ex: My wife's name in the PR card is 'Surbhi Saxena', but on the new passport after change, its now 'Surbhi Saxena Ahirrao'.

2.) Unless the PR card name changes to match that of the passport, will she not be able to travel outside Canada? Is this something which they check in Immigration? If required, we can carry our old passport with the same name on the PR card along with us too.

Looking forward to your kind responses.

Thanks and Regards,
Sanchit Ahirrao

Reactions: sp1989

sp1989

Aug 29, 2018
Hello everyone,

This is Sanchit Ahirrao here from Montreal. Me and my wife are both PR's now.

I have a query for my wife's name change in the PR card after her name was changed on her Indian Passport after marriage. Please help me by answering it.

1.) Should the name on the PR card and passport always match? Ex: My wife's name in the PR card is 'Surbhi Saxena', but on the new passport after change, its now 'Surbhi Saxena Ahirrao'.

2.) Unless the PR card name changes to match that of the passport, will she not be able to travel outside Canada? Is this something which they check in Immigration? If required, we can carry our old passport with the same name on the PR card along with us too.

Looking forward to your kind responses.

Thanks and Regards,
Sanchit Ahirrao
Hey i am in the same boat, have same question and looking for some answers. If you got any answer or based on your experience if you share some info. Please and thank you