Name change documentation

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
I have declared an alias in my eAPR form because I previously had incorrect last name spelling (only one letter missing) in my ID that I used to create my bank accounts. I am talking about 10 years ago or so. In due time, I got all my ID corrected and recently I have got all my bank records corrected as well, so my incorrect alias does not exist in any records now. I have not changed name legally ever either. I figured it would be better to declare it since the name did exist in my past bank records, even if it is now corrected. The cic is now asking me for supporting document, quoting instruction:

"You indicated you have another name. You must provide information on the use of this other name (such as a letter of explanation, legal documents of a name change, etc)."

I do not have legal documents of name change, I attached a letter of explanation explaining that is was an incorrect spelling and since been corrected and that all my legal documents contain my correct name, not my alias. Would this be sufficient?

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Bump* Anyone?
Provide letter of explanation. If your name is unchanged in all legal docs such as id card, passport e.t.c and the issue is only related to bank account, you have no need to provide your alias in your application. But if you have done so, a simple LOE can suffice

My personal opinion is to remove your alias from your app. contact @legalfalcon for expert advice.

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
Provide letter of explanation. If your name is unchanged in all legal docs such as id card, passport e.t.c and the issue is only related to bank account, you have no need to provide your alias in your application. But if you have done so, a simple LOE can suffice

My personal opinion is to remove your alias from your app. contact @legalfalcon for expert advice.
I cannot remove it because it is mentioned on my UK PCC as alias that will go with the application and there isn't enough time to get a new PCC. But yes, it is not mentioned on any of my IDs, passport, bank account customer names etc. Thanks for your view on this!

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
I cannot remove it because it is mentioned on my UK PCC as alias that will go with the application and there isn't enough time to get a new PCC. But yes, it is not mentioned on any of my IDs, passport, bank account customer names etc. Thanks for your view on this!
Simple loe will be fine.