+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

name change document (nickname)

batman12345

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018

I have checked other names in my application for express entry, and by other name I am referring to nickname.
However the nickname is used only by family and friends and in some emails there are no official documents for it.
Since I have used the same form for my visa and work permit I don't want to uncheck it because CIC might compare documents
and realize its not included this time. On upload documents for CEC express entry is asking for proof of "name change doc",
How should I write a letter of explanation explaining it? or should I just go back and uncheck it because its not important?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014

I have checked other names in my application for express entry, and by other name I am referring to nickname.
However the nickname is used only by family and friends and in some emails there are no official documents for it.
Since I have used the same form for my visa and work permit I don't want to uncheck it because CIC might compare documents
and realize its not included this time. On upload documents for CEC express entry is asking for proof of "name change doc",
How should I write a letter of explanation explaining it? or should I just go back and uncheck it because its not important?
Hi there,

You haven't officially changed your name have you? So you don't need any proof of name change. This being said, because you have a nickname, I'd compose a letter saying what exactly you explained here and upload that letter instead. Just mention that it's a nickname and it's between family and friends and your official name is still the same.

They'd understand. No worries.

All the best,