+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name and Religion Change issue before applying in FSW

tupa

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Fellow mates, this is Anup from Bangladesh. I have got a unique problem. I am a Hindu who is married to a Muslim women and as per the Muslim Marriage Act in Bangladesh I have changed my name by legal affidavit. My Hindu Name was Anup Das and Muslim name is Arif Biswas. So my marriage certificate shows the name Arif Biswas. But problem is I did not change my name in passport, university certificates and in my job documents. Now the problem is can I apply with this passport showing my previous name? I want to add my wife in application but how I can add? FYI We are married for 4 years. Please advice. Thanks.

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
tupa said:
Hello Fellow mates, this is Anup from Bangladesh. I have got a unique problem. I am a Hindu who is married to a Muslim women and as per the Muslim Marriage Act in Bangladesh I have changed my name by legal affidavit. My Hindu Name was Anup Das and Muslim name is Arif Biswas. So my marriage certificate shows the name Arif Biswas. But problem is I did not change my name in passport, university certificates and in my job documents. Now the problem is can I apply with this passport showing my previous name? I want to add my wife in application but how I can add? FYI We are married for 4 years. Please advice. Thanks.
@arif bhai,
first of all many congratulation to u for being a muslim now,,Allah pak shower all of His blessings upon u and ur wife.
Brother,in my opinion first of all u have to publish this changes in a well known news paper(english&bangali) of Bangladesh,then take a photo copy of that advertisement notrise it alongwith affidavit(in bangali & in english) u already had previously then write an application to concerned CIC office regarding this change attach that advertisement and affidavit(both languages copies only but notrised) and send them all.
I think u do not need to change any educational documents or passport if u have an affidavit,whenever u submitt any thing just attach that affidavit every time surely that will help to understand everyone.
Best Regards.
Jevan.

gudboy

Mar 13, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
April 2010
Med's Request
05 June 2012
Med's Done....
17 June 2012
Interview........
Waied off
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 Nov 2012 InshAllah Soon
LANDED..........
InshAllah in March April 2013
jevan said:
@ arif bhai,
first of all many congratulation to u for being a muslim now,,Allah pak shower all of His blessings upon u and ur wife.
Brother,in my opinion first of all u have to publish this changes in a well known news paper(english&bangali) of Bangladesh,then take a photo copy of that advertisement notrise it alongwith affidavit(in bangali & in english) u already had previously then write an application to concerned CIC office regarding this change attach that advertisement and affidavit(both languages copies only but notrised) and send them all.
I think u do not need to change any educational documents or passport if u have an affidavit,whenever u submitt any thing just attach that affidavit every time surely that will help to understand everyone.
Best Regards.
Jevan.
Congratulations to you being a Muslim now. May Allah Bless you and your whole family with His Endless Blessings.

I slightly disagree with Jevan that you must change your name on your passport. No need to change name on ur qualification certificates.

This is my personal opinion