+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name affidavit

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hey All,

I received my ITA in last draw.

Now I am preparing my documents to upload. I have one query regarding name difference in employment section.

I worked for 2 companies and both companies' offer letter has name stated as
" Shah Mahesh Vishnubhai" (Lastname Firstname Middlename)

On the other hand, experience letter which I have as per canadian requirement have name as below:
" Shah Maheshkumar Vishnubhai"

My legal name is " Shah Maheshkumar Vishnubhai" which is there in all my govt documents including passports, bank accounts and all.

As per the document section guideline they asking only experience letter but I have seen that people do say that we should upload all documents like offer letter, promotion letter and all.

I am little concerned that such minor difference in my Firstname in offer letter will create any issue?

Should I go for affidavit or will this be fine?

Harsha009

Star Member
May 15, 2019
NOC Code......
what did you do in this case ? i have similar issue . i have prepared name affidavit

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
gr

great ... have you done on any specific name affidavit ? or any affidavit with all relevant info is fine ?
mention that all document where you have different name and declare that you are making this affidavit to declare inconsistency and declare that you are then only same individual as mentioned on all above documents.

Reactions: Harsha009

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
mention that all document where you have different name and declare that you are making this affidavit to declare inconsistency and declare that you are then only same individual as mentioned on all above documents.
Hi,

I have a name affidavit dt in 2018 , can I submit the same now in 2020? or should I get a new one?

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone in the group had to get a name change affidavit done for OCI.?

Basically when your Indian has both your name in the given name field and surname is blank. I already did legal name change and fixed/split in Canadian passport.
(Indian Passport First Name: ABC DEF XYZ Last Name: )
(Canadian Passport First Name: ABC DEF Last Name: XYZ )

I was told by BLS to get a name change affidavit. It would be really appreciated if anyone has a sample I might use.

Thanks

charisma

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
29 June 2017
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone in the group had to get a name change affidavit done for OCI.?

Basically when your Indian has both your name in the given name field and surname is blank. I already did legal name change and fixed/split in Canadian passport.
(Indian Passport First Name: ABC DEF XYZ Last Name: )
(Canadian Passport First Name: ABC DEF Last Name: XYZ )

I was told by BLS to get a name change affidavit. It would be really appreciated if anyone has a sample I might use.

Thanks
Hi dear,

I am preparing to submit my OCI application. I am in the same boat as you. Can you provide a name change affidavit sample that I might use? Does it need to be notarized by oath commissioner? Please share the details.

Thanks!