WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Hi,

I have 3 study permit refusals in the past. Here is my profile:

I have completed my 10th, Undergraduate Diploma in Mechatronics from a reputed government institute, Two more skilled trade diplomas.
I have worked full-time as an assistant mechanic and part-time as a sales person (in software product marketing in automobiles)

Based on my studies and experience, I got admission to St. Clair College and applied for visa which was rejected. Deferred to another intake and applied again - 2nd rejection.

Gave up for a while and tried again with an offer letter from Saskatchewan polytechnic college and improved IELTS score. - 3rd rejection

I had ordered notes for 2nd rejection and rejection was due to low scores.
I have applied for GCMS notes for 3rd rejection. It's been a year now though (refused on November 2022). The reason stated in the letter was:

The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I tried setting up a business but was not able to do so. I want to apply again. This time, I will be working on the application myself and will be applying for bachelors degree. Other times, I was too lost in-between agents. This could be the result of my laziness.

Anyways, coming to the point I have below questions:

1. Bachelor's degree is a very costly affair in Canada. I am aware of that. So I want to invest wisely. Is NAIT a good college for BBA?
2. I want to do BBA in marketing or B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. I have a study gap of almost 8 years. How can I justify to IRCC that at this point, Indian colleges are not accepting my study gap but Canadian college is ready to do so? Do I need to show a collection of rejection emails or will it impact my application negatively?
3. I was considering the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary as other options. Which one should I try?

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Hi,

I have 3 study permit refusals in the past. Here is my profile:

I have completed my 10th, Undergraduate Diploma in Mechatronics from a reputed government institute, Two more skilled trade diplomas.
I have worked full-time as an assistant mechanic and part-time as a sales person (in software product marketing in automobiles)

Based on my studies and experience, I got admission to St. Clair College and applied for visa which was rejected. Deferred to another intake and applied again - 2nd rejection.

Gave up for a while and tried again with an offer letter from Saskatchewan polytechnic college and improved IELTS score. - 3rd rejection

I had ordered notes for 2nd rejection and rejection was due to low scores.
I have applied for GCMS notes for 3rd rejection. It's been a year now though (refused on November 2022). The reason stated in the letter was:

The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I tried setting up a business but was not able to do so. I want to apply again. This time, I will be working on the application myself and will be applying for bachelors degree. Other times, I was too lost in-between agents. This could be the result of my laziness.

Anyways, coming to the point I have below questions:

1. Bachelor's degree is a very costly affair in Canada. I am aware of that. So I want to invest wisely. Is NAIT a good college for BBA?
2. I want to do BBA in marketing or B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. I have a study gap of almost 8 years. How can I justify to IRCC that at this point, Indian colleges are not accepting my study gap but Canadian college is ready to do so? Do I need to show a collection of rejection emails or will it impact my application negatively?
3. I was considering the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary as other options. Which one should I try?
I am not an expert and my thoughts are below:

1- NAIT is fine but why are you thinking about BBA after mechatronics?
2- I think Btech in Mechnical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Degree is more suitable for you considering your past study and if you can earn some credits towards your bachelors degree.
3- University of Alberta and University of Calgary are better options but they are more costlier than NAIT so it is up to you and how much you can spend.

Education is expensive in Canada and job market is very competition so be prepared.