+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thank you @DEEPCUR for your response. I googled the template you mentioned; just to confirm is like following:

Commonwealth of Massachusetts County of ___________
On this _____ of _________, 20___, before me, ___________ the undersigned notary public, personally appeared___________, (name of document signer) proved to me through satisfactory evidence of identification, which were ___________________, to be the person whose mark is made on the preceding or attached document, and acknowledged to me that (he) (she) signed it voluntarily for its stated purpose.
Exactly.. this was the one I was referring about.

Make sure the letter is in one page with this at the bottom. There's a format in word that'll make the page in lengthy format (A3 I think).. use that format to draft the letter.

doverraja

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Singapore
App. Filed.......
28-11-2017
Doc's Request.
12-12-2017
My employer had refused to give a reference letter . I submitted offer letter , a letter from my team mate( it was not notarized ) and recent payslips . Those were accepted and i got my PPR
could you provide the sample of the letter from your team mate?

tks

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
could you provide the sample of the letter from your team mate?

tks
***Formal greetings***

I, (your friend name ) with an employee Id (ID) is working as a (designation) in (company+experience).

I confirm that (your name) with an employee Id XXX is working with company name as a designation since date of joining till present. He is a full time permanent employee , working (number of hours per week).

During our time together, I observe him perform the following duties
(State the duties)

***Formal closure sentences**

With this provide your team mate's contact and her employee/business card.

Reactions: doverraja

Sprule

Jun 21, 2017
Great Stanlee for this new thread.

It can be of help, info to several aspirants. Most HR, Managers avoid such matters saying it's not company policy.

Wish to share my reference letter SAGA.

Background: Female, S/W engineer, Masters with MNC, NOC 2173, CRS 432, 5 years in the same company and continuing.

Missed CRS 482, courtesy IELTS 6.5 in writing three times.

Approached HR supervisor shared my plans. She advised to approach my IT department manager (Not cooperative at all).

Still shared with him. He said I will check with HR which he never did and deliberately delayed the matter.

I mailed it to the Director requesting the reference letter. (He is quite impressed with my productivity and performance of five years)

Within 5 minutes he replied, with CC to manager to issue the letter as requested.

I drafted the referral letter as per the CIC requirement and the Manager refused to sign, stamp on letter head.

Approached HR. who informed that while you are employed such a letter can't be issued on letter head providing all details as I drafted.

HR agreed ..for standard letter on letter head which I took. (It mentioned one line designation, start date)

HR and my Manager discussed, agreed to provide the detailed referral letter on plain paper, which I got notarized.

Subsequently my manager provided his business card.

The only reason I got the referral letter is because of the instruction from IT Director and my 5 years association and contribution to his department.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Since I am also in the same shoes can you help me with the format you used to get it from the supervisor?

adnan.mohammed

Aug 2, 2017
If I take a notarized copy from a colleague for job duties, should his joining date and exit date be mentioned in the letter. My colleague has left the organization and joined another one. Also, he joined a month after me and left the company much after me.

Jain1982

Apr 22, 2017
My employer had refused to give a reference letter . I submitted offer letter , a letter from my team mate( it was not notarized ) and recent payslips . Those were accepted and i got my PPR
Congrats for PPR..I faced similar situation. My Hr refused to share detailed duties & responsibilities letter. Instead they shared standard employment letter format. My reporting manager refused to share the similar letter but I requested again he shared duties & responsibilities in email from his official id to my Id. I took printout of email notarized it and submitted to cic. I m keeping my fingers crossed and praying to God that cic to acce

Reactions: psahanj

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
My noc (civil engineering) has 14 points under responsibilities. How many do i need to be on safe side? Do we usually try to paraphrase these responsibilities or what?

Vikrant15

Jul 26, 2017
Guys my previous job experience letter do not have an email address mentioned in them. The telephone numbers and mailing address are mentioned. Would this be fine if email is not mentioned?

rookieA

Jul 31, 2017
I had few questions regarding Work Experience letters
- All my previous job experience letters are on company lettered with contact information, has my job title, duration, my full name and detailed job duties and responsibilities. None of them has information on salary or full time/ part time which usually a tough thing to get in. Am I ok with the letters or salary and full/ time part time information on the experience letter is essential
- I have recently changed my job which was not there in the express entry profile - Do I need to procure letter from my current job HR team as well? If yes where will be an option to edit/ upload this info
- My Spouse's work experience letters are basic with designation, name and duration on company letter head. Do we need detailed work experience letters for him. We are not claiming any points on her experience

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Did anyone notarise any letters in UAE? What is the process for it? In some website it mentions three separate entities that I have to go to for notary. Is this needed really?

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Any civil engineers willing to verify that responsibilities I am mentioning in my letter are satisfactory according to the NOC requirements?

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Can some expert please verify that my noc responsibilities and what I wrote are matching enough? I'll send it to him privately.

Please help me as I am really confused and I spent a lot of time on it.

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
My letter does come with a letter head but I will NOT be able to:

1. Provide a business card of the HR signing my document.
2. Email of the HR or the company is not printed anywhere in the document.

Is this OK?

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hi Forum Members,

I am a newbie and solicit your assistance in clarifying dilemma pertaining to docs required w.r.t work experience

I have been working as an Admin manager for past 6 yrs with a small time Finance company. We do not have a formal HR dept. in our company and the owner oversees such operations. He has agreed to provide the exp letter in the said format comprising of the job duties. In addition I do have the salary slips covering the span of my employment.

Issue- The salary is paid in cash instead of wire transfer / cheque. Kindly let me know what docs will I need to furnish in order satisfy CIC of my employment credentials. I am quiet worried about the same.

Regards

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi Forum Members,

I am a newbie and solicit your assistance in clarifying dilemma pertaining to docs required w.r.t work experience

I have been working as an Admin manager for past 6 yrs with a small time Finance company. We do not have a formal HR dept. in our company and the owner oversees such operations. He has agreed to provide the exp letter in the said format comprising of the job duties. In addition I do have the salary slips covering the span of my employment.

Issue- The salary is paid in cash instead of wire transfer / cheque. Kindly let me know what docs will I need to furnish in order satisfy CIC of my employment credentials. I am quiet worried about the same.

Regards
I don't think it matters how you are paid. The point of the reference letter is to prove you have the work experience that you're claiming, not to validate how you've been paid. Most people only attach salary slips because their reference letters don't mention their salary or because they just want to add extra (but unnecessary) documentation 'just in case'. As long as your reference letter meets ALL of the criteria outlined by IRCC, I don't think there is any reason be worried about how you were paid.