+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That looks great to me, you can click on “good“ below my username if you want to give a +1

Canada-Ontario

Jan 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

Does anyone know how long after AOR CIC usually contact the references (for the employment letters) to confirm the work experiences? Do they do this for all the reference letters or if only they think something is wrong?

The reason is one of my ex-employers is really bad with checking emails. I am afraid that he might miss the CIC email and ignore it. That is why I want to contact him and make sure that he has his eyes open for the CIC email, and even remind him once in a while. But don't want to bug him a lot, so it would be better to contact him around the time when I know he should be getting the CIC email.

Any help on this is really appreciated.

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
So guys, I've worked at the same place for the past 7 years now (since graduating) and for the first 5 my designation was Application Engineer (NOC 2133) and last 2 years my designation has been Assistant Manager - Sales (NOC 6221).

I mentioned all this in my work history and made my primary NOC 2133.

Now the checklist is showing 2 spots for work reference letters.

My 1st reference letter states:

This is to certify that Mr. ________ (holding passport No. ___) is currently employed at ______.

Details of his employment are as follows:
-Designation:
-Type of Employment
-Date of Joining:
-Previous Designation
-Date of Promotion
-Hours of Work
-Reporting To
-Annual Salary
-Benefits

His job duties as Assistant Manager - Sales are as follows:
-
-
-
-
-

My questions is, do I have my company make the same letter but replace "Assistant Manager - Sales" with Application Engineer, and then write my Job Duties as that?
Will that suffice as a 2nd letter?

Kimiirawrrs

Feb 4, 2017
Hi there,

I am currently in the midst of drafting a reference letter. I am only collecting points for 1 year of experience.

Here's my concern,
My employment period was from 4 Jan 2016 to 13 Dec 2016. I work 40 hours per week though. Would I qualify to get the points as it's not exactly a COMPLETE year?
But I realise that my total hours during that period is more than 1560hours according to what is stated on CIC website.

Please kindly correct me and thank you in advance for any form of advice.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kimiirawrrs said:
Hi there,

I am currently in the midst of drafting a reference letter. I am only collecting points for 1 year of experience.

Here's my concern,
My employment period was from 4 Jan 2016 to 13 Dec 2016. I work 40 hours per week though. Would I qualify to get the points as it's not exactly a COMPLETE year?
But I realise that my total hours during that period is more than 1560hours according to what is stated on CIC website.

Please kindly correct me and thank you in advance for any form of advice.
You not only need 1560 hours you ALSO have to work for a one year period in order to claim points for a year of work experience.

You fall short of that.

Kimiirawrrs

Feb 4, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
You not only need 1560 hours you ALSO have to work for a one year period in order to claim points for a year of work experience.

You fall short of that.
DelPiero07, thanks for your reply.
If I worked from 4 Jan 16 to 13 Dec 16 in Company A, and am currently employed by Company B as of 14 Dec 16 (current employment).
Will that be considered working for at least one year period if I'm able to prove both employments..

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kimiirawrrs said:
DelPiero07, thanks for your reply.
If I worked from 4 Jan 16 to 13 Dec 16 in Company A, and am currently employed by Company B as of 14 Dec 16 (current employment).
Will that be considered working for at least one year period if I'm able to prove both employments..
Yes, that shouldn't be a reason for a break in continuity so it should count as a year of work experience as:

"For applicants in the SW1 category and temporary foreign workers in the SW3 category, anticipated short breaks between jobs are acceptable. For example, if an applicant is employed in one occupation for a 4 month contract and before the end of that contract, has secured other employment that will begin shortly after the end of the first contract, this break in continuity would be acceptable. For SW1 applicants the occupations must be one that is listed in the MI."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob173.asp

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
Kazem said:
So guys, I've worked at the same place for the past 7 years now (since graduating) and for the first 5 my designation was Application Engineer (NOC 2133) and last 2 years my designation has been Assistant Manager - Sales (NOC 6221).

I mentioned all this in my work history and made my primary NOC 2133.

Now the checklist is showing 2 spots for work reference letters.

My 1st reference letter states:

This is to certify that Mr. ________ (holding passport No. ___) is currently employed at ______.

Details of his employment are as follows:
-Designation:
-Type of Employment
-Date of Joining:
-Previous Designation
-Date of Promotion
-Hours of Work
-Reporting To
-Annual Salary
-Benefits

His job duties as Assistant Manager - Sales are as follows:
-
-
-
-
-

My questions is, do I have my company make the same letter but replace "Assistant Manager - Sales" with Application Engineer, and then write my Job Duties as that?
Will that suffice as a 2nd letter?
Hi DelPiero, can you comment on this?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kazem said:
Hi DelPiero, can you comment on this?
Yes you can do that or if you haven't received your reference letter you can include all the information in a single letter and upload it in both placeholders.

Up to you, both approaches are fine.

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
DelPiero07 said:
Yes you can do that or if you haven't received your reference letter you can include all the information in a single letter and upload it in both placeholders.

Up to you, both approaches are fine.
Thanks, mate! I think the former approach is better; having them give me a separate letter with duties listed for Application Engineer.

Kimiirawrrs

Feb 4, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Yes, that shouldn't be a reason for a break in continuity so it should count as a year of work experience as:

"For applicants in the SW1 category and temporary foreign workers in the SW3 category, anticipated short breaks between jobs are acceptable. For example, if an applicant is employed in one occupation for a 4 month contract and before the end of that contract, has secured other employment that will begin shortly after the end of the first contract, this break in continuity would be acceptable. For SW1 applicants the occupations must be one that is listed in the MI."
Phew!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing DelPiero07.

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
Hi, Sorry to trouble with this doubt..

I got ref letter from my previous company, TCS in their default format without any info like hours, designation etc and it has only 5 points about my job roles. Also it doesn't have the contact of my manager who approved the letter nor his designation. Also, he is not ready to give a notarized affidavit as well - he is scared to do so. But may be he will give a copy of his TCS ID card.

I have 2 colleagues whom I think can help me. One was my senior and the next one was in my same role.

So my questions:

I am going to take notarized white paper affidavit from the said ex-colleagues. They will mention exactly like "This is to confirm that the xx had been working with TCS in designation Sr. Process Associate from xx to xx as a Permanent Employee and his working hours were 45 hours a week. He was working as a Claims examiner for the Claims wing of leading Insurance Company. As per TCS norms, more details of the client cannot be revealed. His annual salary was xxxx and his duties are as mentioned in the Reference letter issued by TCS and the same are re-quoted below...... ".

And I will include their ID card. But I cannot prove their designations other than by their signature on the white paper.

1. There are only 5 roles mentioned in the official ref. letter. I think this covers many points in NOC site. But I read in forum that 8-10 points are required. What I will do?

2. In the affidavits/ ref letter that I am going to take from my colleagues will restate the same points of my official letter. Or should I add some more points? May be this will confuse the CIC persons. Please opine.

3. And more over, is this the correct step that I should be taking?

Please give your opinions and inputs.

Please help.

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
ajufsd said:
Hi, Sorry to trouble with this doubt..

I got ref letter from my previous company, TCS in their default format without any info like hours, designation etc and it has only 5 points about my job roles. Also it doesn't have the contact of my manager who approved the letter nor his designation. Also, he is not ready to give a notarized affidavit as well - he is scared to do so. But may be he will give a copy of his TCS ID card.

I have 2 colleagues whom I think can help me. One was my senior and the next one was in my same role.

So my questions:

I am going to take notarized white paper affidavit from the said ex-colleagues. They will mention exactly like "This is to confirm that the xx had been working with TCS in designation Sr. Process Associate from xx to xx as a Permanent Employee and his working hours were 45 hours a week. He was working as a Claims examiner for the Claims wing of leading Insurance Company. As per TCS norms, more details of the client cannot be revealed. His annual salary was xxxx and his duties are as mentioned in the Reference letter issued by TCS and the same are re-quoted below...... ".

And I will include their ID card. But I cannot prove their designations other than by their signature on the white paper.

1. There are only 5 roles mentioned in the official ref. letter. I think this covers many points in NOC site. But I read in forum that 8-10 points are required. What I will do?

2. In the affidavits/ ref letter that I am going to take from my colleagues will restate the same points of my official letter. Or should I add some more points? May be this will confuse the CIC persons. Please opine.

3. And more over, is this the correct step that I should be taking?

Please give your opinions and inputs.

Please help.
Any Help... Plz.. :-[

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Stanlee said:
For those who are looking for a reference letter format, I have drafted one and used this for me as well. This is in line with the requirement that has been mentioned in the OINP Application Guide (http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html). Please feel free to tewek it to meed your requirement.

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>
Hii,
Thank you for providing the sample . Please tell me will the following format for Office administrative assistant job is good or not, i got from my ex-employers in this format. or should i contact them again.

Letterhead Details​

(To Whom It May Concern)​
Date
Employer Name,
Address,
Contact Details

Re: Reference Letter- Name, Administrative Assistant

This letter is to verify that [Name] has served my office as an Administrative Assistant from [Date]. She/He was employed full-time, working N hours per week. His/Her total work experience as Administrative Assistant was [this]. He/She was paid Rs. N per month.

His/Her job responsibilities during above said tenure as Administrative Assistant were as mentioned below:

• Under direct supervision prepare, edit and proofread correspondence and documents from machine dictation and handwritten copy.
• Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filling system.
• Open and manage regular and electronic mail and co-ordinate the flow of information.
• Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings.
• Order office supplies and maintain office equipment.
• Answer, screens and routes telephone and electronic inquiries and relay telephone calls and messages.
• Greet Visitors and ascertain their nature of business.

During this tenure of his/her work [Name] remained involve in his/her work dedicated. He/She was a sincere, honest, hardworking employee with a professional attitude. He/She always discharged his/her job responsibilities very efficiently and conscientiously.

I wish him/her the very best in life.

Sincerely,
Name, Signature and Seal of the employer