+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

sidy1116

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
Hi Everyone,

My refrence letter has all require things mentioned like

1. name and contact info of emp
2. salary details
3. No of hours 40 per week. from from and to date
4. List of duties as per NOC.
5. My name and position help

Only thing missing is fulltime . I forgot to include it . Will it be a issue . And its extremly hard to get another letter again .

Thanks

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidy1116 said:
Hi Everyone,

My refrence letter has all require things mentioned like

1. name and contact info of emp
2. salary details
3. No of hours 40 per week. from from and to date
4. List of duties as per NOC.
5. My name and position help

Only thing missing is fulltime . I forgot to include it . Will it be a issue . And its extremly hard to get another letter again .

Thanks
Full time is not required, if you have number of hours (40) per week.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
What if the supervisor who gave the reference letter leaves the company after e-APR? The official email given the letter would not work and a verification email might bounce back. Is there something that could be done for this? My previous supervisor is actively looking for jobs, and I would be submitting my application next month. He might be working when I submit the application, but not sure how long after that.

Also, if in case he resigns before I submit my application, do I need to include a proof for his employment too? As I won't be able to attach his id card.
In that case better take the reference letter from someone else, whom IRCC should be able to contact or provide another contact (eg. HR) together with your supervisor's contact.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
mukulabd said:
In that case better take the reference letter from someone else, whom IRCC should be able to contact or provide another contact (eg. HR) together with your supervisor's contact.
Thanks.. But HR doesn't provide a letter in a format required by CIC and I am not in touch with other supervisor. I know other senior colleague, but I am thinking of that as a last resort.

I have seen something being suggested for this case. Will wait and see if someone has anything to add.

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
DEEPCUR said:
Thanks.. But HR doesn't provide a letter in a format required by CIC and I am not in touch with other supervisor. I know other senior colleague, but I am thinking of that as a last resort.

I have seen something being suggested for this case. Will wait and see if someone has anything to add.
You can do many things from below and get as much as you can

1. Get a letter from you immediate manager including details (better on company letter head)
2. Get a letter from you co-worker with the same (better on company letter head)
3. Get a job posting similar to your job from your company website or anywhere else they have published and notarized it
4. If you job offer letter has details, attach that

I had the same issue and I did all except 1 above and still worked for me

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Kchandana74 said:
You can do many things from below and get as much as you can

1. Get a letter from you immediate manager including details (better on company letter head)
2. Get a letter from you co-worker with the same (better on company letter head)
3. Get a job posting similar to your job from your company website or anywhere else they have published and notarized it
4. If you job offer letter has details, attach that

I had the same issue and I did all except 1 above and still worked for me
Thanks, I am aware of supervisor letter thing. I had a specific question earlier for which I had responded that. I wanted to know what happens if the supervisor leaves the company after we submit the e-APR, in the event of we submitting a supervisor letter as reference letter? The official email id might bounce back emails.

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the Reference letter, does the job duties should exactly match the list in NOC website?

Thanks,

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
adanac_ati said:
Hi Guys,

For my previous organisation which i left in 2003 ( 14 yrs now) ; i have a experience letter just stating:

He was an employee from DATE till DATE. He worked as Software Engineer.

This does not mention any weekly hours, duties etc. I understand this wont be counted towards any points; because foreign work exp max out after 3 yrs.

But am in dilemma
i) Should i add this experience and attach a LOE with the experience letter OR
ii) Remove this from Work History and leave it in Personal history and add a LOE.

I see option ii) is being suggested in multiple threads. Has anyone successfully used this approach before and got a PPR ?

Experts please sugest.
Bumping up this questions. Experts please help.

SandyMaple

Feb 22, 2017
Hi,

A quick question with regards to the employment letters.
I have 5 years of experience in my previous company, and 2 years in the current company.
Can I leave out my current employer details while creating my EE profile, because it will not add to my CSR points and getting a reference letter is very tough.
Can I do that, or will I be asked to provide proof of employment for latest 2 years for which I am not claiming points for?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
SandyMaple said:
Hi,

A quick question with regards to the employment letters.
I have 5 years of experience in my previous company, and 2 years in the current company.
Can I leave out my current employer details while creating my EE profile, because it will not add to my CSR points and getting a reference letter is very tough.
Can I do that, or will I be asked to provide proof of employment for latest 2 years for which I am not claiming points for?
You can opt to not show your current work experience. Post ITA you can mention it under Work History.

SandyMaple

Feb 22, 2017
Stanlee said:
You can opt to not show your current work experience. Post ITA you can mention it under Work History.
The 'Work History' or 'Personal History', because 'Work History' has to be provided with experience letters.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Is there any issue if HR made a experience letter by copy/paste of responsibilities from NOC description but those one which exactly I am performing ?

Many thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
techLover said:
Is there any issue if HR made a experience letter by copy/paste of responsibilities from NOC description but those one which exactly I am performing ?

Many thanks.
Yes, it can lead to rejection.

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Do we really need reference letter to be notarized. From my previous company, i have got two letters from my manager and colleague. But i didnt notarized those ones. I do have their visiting card and phone numbers.

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
lucky07 said:
Hi,
Do we really need reference letter to be notarized. From my previous company, i have got two letters from my manager and colleague. But i didnt notarized those ones. I do have their visiting card and phone numbers.

Thanks
You don't have to necessarily get it notarised.