+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NAATI translator

florc

May 25, 2017
Hi all,

Hope you can help me.
I have all my documents translated by a NAATI translator. At the end of the translation she signed, added a stamp and wrote a legend saying that the translation is to the best of her knowledge a true and correct translation into English. Is this enough for the affidavit? Or does she need to swear in front of a notary public?

Thanks a lot!
Florencia

Reactions: cavite

amir2552

Sep 13, 2020
Hi all,

Hope you can help me.
I have all my documents translated by a NAATI translator. At the end of the translation she signed, added a stamp and wrote a legend saying that the translation is to the best of her knowledge a true and correct translation into English. Is this enough for the affidavit? Or does she need to swear in front of a notary public?

Thanks a lot!
Florencia

Hi,
Could you find an answer to this question?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi all,

Hope you can help me.

Thanks a lot!
Florencia
This is all good. But you also need a certified copy of the original, this is where a notary comes in

See this IRCC page: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=018&top=4