+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my work permit extension (BOWP) has a wrong name on it

C_Survival

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
my BOWP got approved yesterday, but apparently as per the approval letter they stated my name incorrectly. I provided my name correctly everywhere. so it is a technical error from them!! the same error happened to me when I first applied for CEC. but I sent an email to ottawa to correct it, and they did correct it.

However, when I applied for BOWB, I noticed that I wasn't able to login to ECAS anymore, and I just figured that is because my name reverted back to the incorrect name! I sent another email to ottawa to correct the error. I guesss they will be able to correct that.

but my problem now is that the BOWP also will have my incorrect name on it! anyone had a problem with incorrect name on work permit before?
what to do now?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
I had similar problem but i was being issued permit upon landing so the agent recognized the error and corrected it manually by writing on the permit paper.

C_Survival said:
my BOWP got approved yesterday, but apparently as per the approval letter they stated my name incorrectly. I provided my name correctly everywhere. so it is a technical error from them!! the same error happened to me when I first applied for CEC. but I sent an email to ottawa to correct it, and they did correct it.

However, when I applied for BOWB, I noticed that I wasn't able to login to ECAS anymore, and I just figured that is because my name reverted back to the incorrect name! I sent another email to ottawa to correct the error. I guesss they will be able to correct that.

but my problem now is that the BOWP also will have my incorrect name on it! anyone had a problem with incorrect name on work permit before?
what to do now?

Rajbir_kaur

Oct 12, 2019

what to do now?
hello, can you please let me know where i can go to correct my work permit. i have wrong travel number on my work permit