+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife visa rejected twice

chuntibanti

Apr 20, 2012
I am from India..my wife visa got rejected twice. I am working here as temporary foreign worker category.
In rejection letter they are showing following three causes.
1. Travel History -> my wife didn't travel to any country before..so how can I show travel history?
2. Your Family ties in Canada and in your Country of residence -> For this we showed my married certificate and Covering letter clearly stating like all my family members are staying in India
what else I can show? Right now my wife is not doing any work. She is house wife.
3. Your Personal assets and Financial status? -> for this one we showed 2 lakhs on her bank account and I showed my bank balance as $5000CAD.

Please help me..how to get my wife visa?

Neyo

Star Member
May 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2006
AOR Received.
10-02-2007
Med's Request
03-03-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
LANDED..........
25-12-20012
So sorry to hear this, the travel history could be such that your wife has never traveled out of India and as such they would not know if she's coming back. Secondly, if she's working or she's a student, I think would have given her a tie to India but from the look of what you wrote, she does not seem to loose anything if she does not come back, although that is not your opinion but that is the way they think. You are also a temporary worker, your ties to Canada would not be considered strong enough. I suggest you don't re-apply any time soon unless something has changed in her/your status, otherwise, several denials might be bad for future migration.

Once again, so sorry, I know how it feels because I'd experienced it before, your wife must be really down and disappointed to say the least.

chuntibanti said:
I am from India..my wife visa got rejected twice. I am working here as temporary foreign worker category.
In rejection letter they are showing following three causes.
1. Travel History -> my wife didn't travel to any country before..so how can I show travel history?
2. Your Family ties in Canada and in your Country of residence -> For this we showed my married certificate and Covering letter clearly stating like all my family members are staying in India
what else I can show? Right now my wife is not doing any work. She is house wife.
3. Your Personal assets and Financial status? -> for this one we showed 2 lakhs on her bank account and I showed my bank balance as $5000CAD.

Please help me..how to get my wife visa?

chuntibanti

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks Neyo for you reply.
This time I am going submit the following documents to Canada immigration.

1. Travel History -> I am going write a letter stating that she didn't travel to any country before.
2. Ties to Family -> Showing relationship her father, mother and her elder sister everyone in India. Showing her parents assets and my parent assets.
3. Personal assets -> this time I am planning to show 7 Lakhs on her bank account and few fixed deposits.

I married this year February and travelled to Canada after 15 days. How to fix this problem?
Please give me some valuable suggestions

Thanks in Advance

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Hey, not sure if this will help.. but when I applied for an extension I showed ties to my home by providing a letter showing my residence. If she is renting or paying mortgage that her name is on, then that shows a very strong tie to the country, that or utility bills. Otherwise, what you're going to send still will probably create conflict.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travel history: not having traveled at all before could be the issue as she cannot show that she left her home country and came back with no issues. In your letter explain that even though she hasn't traveled, that shouldn't contribute to the fact that she will overstay her visa in Canada. If she has immediate family members that travel often, explain that none of her family has overstayed their visas when traveling. Also explain that you are aware of immigration laws and the consequences of overstaying a visa, and that you will be applying for a PR visa for her and know that overstaying a TRV may have a negative effect on the outcome of the PR.

Family ties: I dont see how you see her relations to her parents stronger than her relations to you and you expect the visa office to look at it the same way too? Forget about family ties, show other ties like job, school, house, etc. If she is enrolled in school and needs to return home to complete her education at a specific time, then that may be a strong tie.

Personal assets: don't just show money, explain how this will money will be spent while she is in Canada and how it will be enough, how long she will be staying and how the money will cover the essential needs, housing, food, transportation, and other extra spending, shopping, travel. etc

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If your job is skilled NOC O, A or B, your wife is eligible to apply for an open work permit. See this: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/visas/spouses-conjoint.aspx?lang=eng&view=d and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp