+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife sponsored me back in Sep 2017. Now she is filling the divoce. is she able to deport me? or claim spouse support?

m_gul

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Hi.
My wife is a canadian citizen. She sponsored me, I landed canada sep 15, 2017. we have 2months son. we have some issues. She is filling the divoce and giving me thread that she will deport me from canada. Is she able to deport me? I will be completing my 3years in Canada next month. Secondly if we divoce do i need to pay her child support or spouse support because she isn't working?

Thanks

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi.
My wife is a canadian citizen. She sponsored me, I landed canada sep 15, 2017. we have 2months son. we have some issues. She is filling the divoce and giving me thread that she will deport me from canada. Is she able to deport me? I will be completing my 3years in Canada next month. Secondly if we divoce do i need to pay her child support or spouse support because she isn't working?

Thanks
Try to resolve issues 1st . Divorce should be final thing and is like a death in life.. According to past incidents and rules; she cannot deport you. Child support? is good Q but 1st 3 years she cannot claim her own support.She sponsored you she signed 3 years to support you. Let's hear from other members.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
If you are a Canadian Permanent Resident you can't be deported because you're divorcing your spouse (and sponsor).

Only a judge can order child and spousal support. I strongly urge you to seek the advice of a family law attorney.

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I know a guy who divorced his immigrated wife. He is not working at all, but still Judge ordered 500 child support. Laws man!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
No she can’t have you deported, nor have your PR revoked. She can however claim child support from you and, if you’ve been working for the past 3 years and she hasn’t, she can probably go after spousal support.

Reactions: Teepayne

m_gul

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
No she can’t have you deported, nor have your PR revoked. She can however claim child support from you and, if you’ve been working for the past 3 years and she hasn’t, she can probably go after spousal support.
Thank you.

yes my wife (canadian citizen) isnot working for last 3 years. Even she is filling divoce and able to claim for spousal support?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you.

yes my wife (canadian citizen) isnot working for last 3 years. Even she is filling divoce and able to claim for spousal support?
Yes - she can still claim spousal support.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
She sponsored you
so you should claim support from her
Hi.

Thanks

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi.

Thanks
Lets start with what is 100%. She CANNOT deport you under ANY circumstances, so rest assured. IRCC wont even touch this with a 10 foot pole.

If you are able to pay child support then there is no problems, just be as you are because she will eventually take your to court and they will order your child support according to provincial table. Spousal support is not likely because your marriage did not last over 7 years.
On the other hand, if you are unable to pay child support i.e. unemployed or any other reason, then as Singleman mentioned, the court WILL order you to pay and FORCE you to get a job or go to jail eventually (they can also take away your drivers license and Canadian passport). Dont mess around with support.
If you dont want to pay child support, you will have to give up your son - that's the reality.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Lets start with what is 100%. She CANNOT deport you under ANY circumstances, so rest assured. IRCC wont even touch this with a 10 foot pole.

If you are able to pay child support then there is no problems, just be as you are because she will eventually take your to court and they will order your child support according to provincial table. Spousal support is not likely because your marriage did not last over 7 years.
On the other hand, if you are unable to pay child support i.e. unemployed or any other reason, then as Singleman mentioned, the court WILL order you to pay and FORCE you to get a job or go to jail eventually (they can also take away your drivers license and Canadian passport). Dont mess around with support.
If you dont want to pay child support, you will have to give up your son - that's the reality.
Agreed fully. That friend has no house, no job, no nothing, even stayed on sickness still Judge ordered 500 bucks a month and that sounds like minimum it can be more if your income is more. And I think it's OK to pay for our own kid/blood. Ppl suggested him to leave Canada, that could work not sure

• Sad
Reactions: Phalos

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Agreed fully. That friend has no house, no job, no nothing, even stayed on sickness still Judge ordered 500 bucks a month and that sounds like minimum it can be more if your income is more. And I think it's OK to pay for our own kid/blood. Ppl suggested him to leave Canada, that could work not sure
Yes, sure its great to pay for your own kid, however, some people for honest reasons simply cannot work (sickness). There is zero compassion for some reason when it comes to c/s.
In any case, just to elaborate on your suggestion to leave Canada, out of interest, That would work but he would have to really never lay a foot in Canada and possibly even the United States ever again because they will put a warrant for his arrest.

Hypothetically the OP could avoid c/s and stay in Canada, only one way. He can tell his wife he's deporting himself and leave Canada...send her a selfie from the Taj Mahal or something lol tell her he hates Canada and it was a mistake coming here.
Then he flies back, but she never files for c/s cause she thinks he's gone forever lol that's one way doing it.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Yes, sure its great to pay for your own kid, however, some people for honest reasons simply cannot work (sickness). There is zero compassion for some reason when it comes to c/s.
In any case, just to elaborate on your suggestion to leave Canada, out of interest, That would work but he would have to really never lay a foot in Canada and possibly even the United States ever again because they will put a warrant for his arrest.

Hypothetically the OP could avoid c/s and stay in Canada, only one way. He can tell his wife he's deporting himself and leave Canada...send her a selfie from the Taj Mahal or something lol tell her he hates Canada and it was a mistake coming here.
Then he flies back, but she never files for c/s cause she thinks he's gone forever lol that's one way doing it.
I am sure he won't go anywhere but pay c/s :) Things happen; divorce is very common here and now getting common in India too. In old times guy would marry without even looking at the bride, some actually did engagements by Photo, but not any more. And there were no divorces in those times

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
@singleman sorry for your friend, his story sounds horrible...I hope he will find a way out of this mess.
The FRO (Family Responsibility Office) is like The Terminator when it goes after someone.
When he finds a job, he will have to pay back arrears in c/s as well, its potentially paying for the rest of his life.
The sooner he finds a job the better, he might avoid arears if its not a long period...but if its a year or more that's 500 bucks a month retroactive lol

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
@singleman sorry for your friend, his story sounds horrible...I hope he will find a way out of this mess.
The FRO (Family Responsibility Office) is like The Terminator when it goes after someone.
When he finds a job, he will have to pay back arrears in c/s as well, its potentially paying for the rest of his life.
The sooner he finds a job the better, he might avoid arears if its not a long period...but if its a year or more that's 500 bucks a month retroactive lol
I am sure he is paying somehow as ordered by court and am out of touch for months now.

Reactions: Phalos

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
TERMINATOR, :D:D:D:DI needed a good laugh you made my night.

• Love
Reactions: ohbruh and Phalos