+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife is a skill worker and i want to go there on a TRV and stay

haggerkim

May 9, 2011
My wife is a Skill worker in canada for 2 months now. I'm here spouse and i would like to take our daughter and live with her in canada however we are going up on TRV. Can anyone tell me if it is possible for us to go in to canada and remain there. Will i be able to get a job and our daughter attend school with no problem.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your wife have to sponsor you and your daughter for permanent residence in order for you to work here and your daughter to attend school. Look up the sticky top post in the family sponsorship immigration topic (Started by Leon) in this forum.

Otherwise you need to apply work permit for yourself and study permit for your daughter.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
haggerkim said:
My wife is a Skill worker in canada for 2 months now. I'm here spouse and i would like to take our daughter and live with her in canada however we are going up on TRV. Can anyone tell me if it is possible for us to go in to canada and remain there. Will i be able to get a job and our daughter attend school with no problem.
Did your wife immigrate permanently as a skilled worker? Or is she here on a temporary work permit?

haggerkim

May 9, 2011
Im happy for the quick responses. My wife is there as Temporary skill worker. That's why im wondering if my daughter and i can come up on a TRV and then apply for a open work permit and also my daughter will be able to go school there.

Awaitin ur sincer responce

haggerkim

May 9, 2011
Is it possible for me and my daughter to stay in canada on TRV. My wife is a Skill worker there in canada.

Could anyone give me some advice on these questions

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I am surprised you did not all travel together initially, but if your wife is working in skill NOC 0, A or B, then I believe spouses and dependents can live, work and go to school in Canada for the duration of the principals work visa.

I am not sure about police checks and medical requirements, I think it depends what Country you come from but seniors on this forum should have some answers and if not, then check the CIC website.

haggerkim

May 9, 2011
Thanks Angelbrat

however the only reason ididnt go with her is because she came up on a program and the family wasnt allowed to submit there papers for visa at the same time. Thats why im now quiering if it is ok for me to get a TRV and come up and stay.

as for where im from it jamaica. Is there a number or place in canada that i can call to get some more info or update on all these questions. I would really appreciate it

Thanks to u all in advance

haggerkim

May 9, 2011
hi angelbrat

Im still hoping to get more responses from u.And if anyone else want to give me there update on wat they think about the issue that i post would be grat thanks in advance

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
haggerkim said:
Thanks Angelbrat

however the only reason ididnt go with her is because she came up on a program and the family wasnt allowed to submit there papers for visa at the same time. Thats why im now quiering if it is ok for me to get a TRV and come up and stay.

as for where im from it jamaica. Is there a number or place in canada that i can call to get some more info or update on all these questions. I would really appreciate it

Thanks to u all in advance
I am sorry but I am not sure what you mean by a program?......can you explain what kind of work your wife does?

Usually, when someone is issued a work visa, then the family can accompany the principal applicant, so the statement that the family was not allowed to submit an application confuses me. Is your wife a live in care giver by any chance?

Any seniors have thoughts about this.....sorry but I am totally unsure.