+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife got her Canadian Passport even though I applied one year before her application, my file is not moving, how come?

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Hi Guys, please help me to understand this case. My application started one year before my wife's case but her one is already completed. How did it happen? The only difference between my app with her one is her citizenship file online and single app, mine is with 3 kids paper app over postal mail. I have been waiting for my process for almost 2 years and no update except the following 2 items:

Application history

• Feb 15, 2021, Background verification activity status updated

Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Nov 3, 2020 Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about the next steps and required action items will be coming soon

Btw, I sent my file in 2020 April (after the pandemic started in March 2020) and since then I don't get any feedback. I also did a few Case-Specific Enquiries over the web but I did not get a clear response. Her entire application got almost done in 12 months in 2021, that's it.

I am stuck here and don't know what to do? Any good advice or idea would be really appreciated. Thanks.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Unfortunately, people that applied at the beginning of the pandemic or right before are stuck in limbo while people that applied in 2021 are seeing their file move a lot faster. In fact people that applied online in December 2020 got their whole application processed in 5 months or so. The IRCC works in mysterious ways, I'd say keep reaching out to them. Call them up and keep checking.

Reactions: Tackica

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
This is totally not fair but as you said, reaching and connecting IRCC looks like the only option for me I guess, as of now :(

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Hi Guys, please help me to understand this case. My application started one year before my wife's case but her one is already completed. How did it happen? The only difference between my app with her one is her citizenship file online and single app, mine is with 3 kids paper app over postal mail. I have been waiting for my process for almost 2 years and no update except the following 2 items:

Application history

• Feb 15, 2021, Background verification activity status updated

Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Nov 3, 2020 Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about the next steps and required action items will be coming soon

Btw, I sent my file in 2020 April (after the pandemic started in March 2020) and since then I don't get any feedback. I also did a few Case-Specific Enquiries over the web but I did not get a clear response. Her entire application got almost done in 12 months in 2021, that's it.

I am stuck here and don't know what to do? Any good advice or idea would be really appreciated. Thanks.
Hire a lawyer

Reactions: MrChazz

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
How a lawyer can fix a citizenship process? Seriously I am just asking, no offence, if I don't get any response from the government, how do they do?
do lawyers have a different channel to communicate? thanks.

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
How a lawyer can fix a citizenship process? Seriously I am just asking, no offence, if I don't get any response from the government, how do they do?
See the "mandamus" thread.

bsht

Jun 8, 2016
Lawyers can request a "writ of mandamus" from the court, which is, basically, an order to IRCC to fulfill their duty to process the application within a reasonable timeframe. Google it.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Half of Oct/Nov/Dec 2019 are still waiting at different steps in the process, on a positive note atleast your wife's journey is complete :)

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have no right to complain until you been here with the rest of us for almost 3 years now.

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
You have no right to complain until you been here with the rest of us for almost 3 years now.
Sorry, I did not know this. The department or the people, they should have to a create system which protects people applications order like we do in real life.
When you goto Service Canada or any goverment office, you get on the line right? You respect other people place, and you get respect from others as well.
Why these applications don't have any sort and order ? that's really not healthy. Things are processing randomly. Why there are people have 3 years waiting period meanwhile somebody finishing up in 6 months in 2021. That's all unacceptable. anyway.

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Lawyers can request a "writ of mandamus" from the court, which is, basically, an order to IRCC to fulfill their duty to process the application within a reasonable timeframe. Google it.
ok thanks for the tip. I will take a look this and work on it.