+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my visa was refused twice.....I need some advise

lara1581

Mar 1, 2013
I applied for a student visa in a seneca college in Toronto and decided to applied with my girlfriend. She going with me with a open work permit byt our visa was refused twice due to the following reasons

Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, I am not satisfied that you:

have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and
any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

purpose of visit

your personal assets and financial status.

In my last application increased my statement from 25000 CAD to 41000 CAD what else can i do to make it more better i can further take a letter from my job.

I don't know what can I do if someone can give me some advise I appreciate

Please help......................

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What evidence did you provide to demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and plan to return there after your studies have been completed?

Also, you cannot include your girlfriend unless you are either common law or married. I assume you aren't married. So have you lived together at the same physical address for at least one full year?

lara1581

Mar 1, 2013
I send my bank staments, I demostrated a paper of my house, my Little bussines here in Colombia, my whole family are in Colombia and also I send my law common declaration and we live toghether with my girsfriend and I dont know what can I do to demostrate something else

k.m.elzeiny1995

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
abu Dhabi visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lara1581 said:
I send my bank staments, I demostrated a paper of my house, my Little bussines here in Colombia, my whole family are in Colombia and also I send my law common declaration and we live toghether with my girsfriend and I dont know what can I do to demostrate something else
hello,

it doesn't matter either you have 41,000 or 100,000 CAD . you have to show them that some one will sponsor you during you staying in Canada without working " like father , mother or uncle ", that what did they mean by " financial source ". Also you should show them that you have fixed income , because they need to know from where did you get this 41,000 CAD. I suggest that you should have about 7,000 cad per month or something like that. for purpose of visit , I think you should attach your letter of acceptance from any college or institution in Canada. try to write statement to show them that why did you choose this course , why you would come back to your home country . Also don't forget to translate all home or business contracts to English .

I would like to know form where did you apply for your study permit

I hope this will help you.
:D :D :D

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
Hey guys,
My case is similar to that of lara, I applied on the 19th and got refused 25 of this month. I applied online. What I have realized is that, when you apply with a spouse or a partner, they just assume you will go and never come back. I had 70K CAD, tuition fee paid, had a permanent job with my spouse from the same company for the past 6 years but the reasons were the same. I got an advice from an expert saying, one person should apply first and based on that, the other can applying right after the main applicants visa is approved. When you consider the refusal rate of the people in this forum, most of them are couples. I think the refusal is just based on the assumptions that, when you are there with your partner, it is likely you will start a family there which is not always the case. So my friend, put your documents together and apply again. If the first application was online, don't try that anymore. The online thing is not favorable.

Cheers

Lawyer33

Aug 29, 2013
Alicante (Spain)
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that it doesn´t matter if your spousal apply at the same time, Because, in your apply you put "whose of your family go with you", and the visa officer know from first if you go with accompaning or not.

Maybe, depend of your letter of explanation, your ages, your program, etc..