+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My visa in my old passport

Kiasol

Jun 22, 2017
Hello Everyone I need urgent help. I have my valid visa in my current passport but I have to renew my passport now one year before it expires for some reasons.
I would like to know if I can travel holding both passports; one of them my old passport with my VALID visa and my new passport?
Thanks

mirealket

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hello Everyone I need urgent help. I have my valid visa in my current passport but I have to renew my passport now one year before it expires for some reasons.
I would like to know if I can travel holding both passports; one of them my old passport with my VALID visa and my new passport?
Thanks
yes that is possible...you have to present the two passport...anywhere wen traveling

Reactions: Kiasol

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
Yes! However, it depends on a country. Do not return your old passport as it has all your stamps and visas. Explain to a pasport office staff that you need to keep your old passport with you. That is what I did and they was completely fine with that. I assume they may make a hole in your old passport so you can keep it, but will not be able to use it anymore as you have now a new passport? Goodluck

Reactions: Kiasol

Kiasol

Jun 22, 2017
Yes! However, it depends on a country. Do not return your old passport as it has all your stamps and visas. Explain to a pasport office staff that you need to keep your old passport with you. That is what I did and they was completely fine with that. I assume they may make a hole in your old passport so you can keep it, but will not be able to use it anymore as you have now a new passport? Goodluck
Hi,
Yes I am holding an Iranian passport, and thats what exactly they did. They made two holes on myfirst page of passport and returned it to me. I just wanna make sure I wont face any problems in airport holding two passports

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
Hi,
Yes I am holding an Iranian passport, and thats what exactly they did. They made two holes on myfirst page of passport and returned it to me. I just wanna make sure I wont face any problems in airport holding two passports

All good! You will not face any problems at all. Just keep that old passport with you and everything will be fine as I mentioned earlier all your stamps and visas have to be in your old passport and you need them in the future.

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
They will not hold your old passport, they will just put a stamp says Cancelled at the end or start page.
You can keep your passport for life and if there is any Valid visa on it. just keep a copy or show the original Old passport and show it anywhere you traveling. The record of your Stamped visa will always be in the computer system of the country .