Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2017
I had applied for a study permit online from CIC website on 23 February, 2017 for May 2017 intake. I sent numerous emails to ask the status of my application and to expedite the process. Finally, today (15 May, 2017) I got a call from the Canadian embassy. They said my visa was approved on 13th April and they sent me an email about it and asked me why I did not submit my passport within one month of VISA approval notification. I told them I have been carefully checking my emails and also my "my CIC" account every day. I did not receive such email or a message in my CIC account. I did not know that my VISA was approved. When I told them this, today they sent me a message on my CIC account with a letter to submit my passport. Now, I will personally go to New Delhi office to submit my passport.

It was their mistake that they failed to properly notify me about it. I sent them numerous emails asking the status of my application and requesting them to expedite the process. Even then they did not inform me that your VISA has already been approved and submit your passport. But finally, I will get my VISA. All the best to other applicants.

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
I am sorry that you have to go through that. Serves as a reminder to the remaining of us to always be on our toes and also, to religiously follow up, no matter what. All the best to your new life ahead.

om31993

Feb 24, 2017
Congratulation ...Be happy even thought they have made a mistake contacting you.......

I applied in First of April and there is no update since then.. It is almost 7 weeks since I applied and the processing time in CIC only showing 4 weeks... DID you get any update messages during your long wait ?

I am really worried and I don't know what am suppose to do beside waiting>?

Alfredo Madagascar

May 14, 2017
Hi Bro,

Please i am happy for you and you are blessed too.By the way, i am in a problem and I want you to help me out,My Application was refused last month and due to this reason;
That i will not return home after my studies , and consider several factors including,
1.travel history
2.purpose of visit
3.personnal assets and financial status
As a brother,yours has been approved so please help me out of this reason because I want to apply again in October intake.
You can send me your cover letter which you attached with your application through this EMAIL:acheampongalfred69@gmail.com so that I follow and edit it to finish mine please please!!! I make confused from that day i got refused so help as brother and God will bless you!!
I had applied for a study permit online from CIC website on 23 February, 2017 for May 2017 intake. I sent numerous emails to ask the status of my application and to expedite the process. Finally, today (15 May, 2017) I got a call from the Canadian embassy. They said my visa was approved on 13th April and they sent me an email about it and asked me why I did not submit my passport within one month of VISA approval notification. I told them I have been carefully checking my emails and also my "my CIC" account every day. I did not receive such email or a message in my CIC account. I did not know that my VISA was approved. When I told them this, today they sent me a message on my CIC account with a letter to submit my passport. Now, I will personally go to New Delhi office to submit my passport.

It was their mistake that they failed to properly notify me about it. I sent them numerous emails asking the status of my application and requesting them to expedite the process. Even then they did not inform me that your VISA has already been approved and submit your passport. But finally, I will get my VISA. All the best to other applicants.

Last edited:

nehat

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016

Hii congrats on visa approval. I have got into University of Waterloo for undergraduate program. I want to ask that can we directly go apply from High Commission of Canada in delhi or we have to do through VAC? Also can you help me a little. My visa has been rejected last year. So i need help to give my best shot this year!

enahmat

Apr 25, 2017
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2017
Thank you, everyone and all the best to all of you.

Hii congrats on visa approval. I have got into University of Waterloo for undergraduate program. I want to ask that can we directly go apply from High Commission of Canada in delhi or we have to do through VAC? Also can you help me a little. My visa has been rejected last year. So i need help to give my best shot this year!
Hi, I'm also going to the University of Waterloo for a PhD program. You can either apply online from CIC website as I did or you can apply through VFS. It's your choice. I don't think it makes a difference. But if your application was rejected last year I think you should consult an agent or VFS office and apply through them. I don't know, I'm not an expert but that's what I think. All the best to you.

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Hi Bro,

Please i am happy for you and you are blessed too.By the way, i am in a problem and I want you to help me out,My Application was refused last month and due to this reason;
That i will not return home after my studies , and consider several factors including,
1.travel history
2.purpose of visit
3.personnal assets and financial status
As a brother,yours has been approved so please help me out of this reason because I want to apply again in October intake.
You can send me your cover letter which you attached with your application through this EMAIL:acheampongalfred69@gmail.com so that I follow and edit it to finish mine please please!!! I make confused from that day i got refused so help as brother and God will bless you!!
h

Share in-depth details about your application so suggestions could be made.

What assets did you attach to it ?
What do you do for a living ?
Do you have any ties to Canada ?

Alfredo Madagascar

May 14, 2017
h

Share in-depth details about your application so suggestions could be made.

What assets did you attach to it ?
What do you do for a living ?
Do you have any ties to Canada ?
Hi
I didn't attached any assets,only my uncle bank statement.
I'm offering a volunteer work in a company.
Please i don't have anyone ties in Canada.
Thanks

Moana30

May 30, 2017

Hi Enamat, I would like to know how did you make follow up your application. I m also worried about the medical results. The clinic said they have already sent it to immigration lastweek, and still no progress in my medical status update. My deadline for medical will be on June 2.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Thank you, everyone and all the best to all of you.

Hi, I'm also going to the University of Waterloo for a PhD program. You can either apply online from CIC website as I did or you can apply through VFS. It's your choice. I don't think it makes a difference. But if your application was rejected last year I think you should consult an agent or VFS office and apply through them. I don't know, I'm not an expert but that's what I think. All the best to you.
Hi my sister is going to University of waterloo for her master. She got her acceptance in MENG. do you mind sharing the supporting documents you have submitted for your study permit?