+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Visa getting delayed

vandana Pandey

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Everyday they update the study permit time yesterday it was 10 weeks , today 11!! But when i applied it was only 6 weeks... Is there someone to guide as what to believe!

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Sir,
Every week they extend the time now 11 week!!
time normally changes due the amount of application they receive. From which place did u apply.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Sir, I applied from Qatat on 1st July
That time biometrics was not required
Pls say what to do medical is done 7 weeks ago
This is what cic says about biometric

On or after July 31, 2018

Answer: You may need to give your biometrics depending on when we received your application.

If we received your application before July 31
You don’t need to give your biometrics.

u will have to wait and follow the current processing time which 11 weeks. since ur medicals have been done u might get to hear a decision may be before ur school term starts. I hope u get it asap.

vandana Pandey

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
This is what cic says about biometric

On or after July 31, 2018

Answer: You may need to give your biometrics depending on when we received your application.

If we received your application before July 31
You don’t need to give your biometrics.

u will have to wait and follow the current processing time which 11 weeks. since ur medicals have been done u might get to hear a decision may be before ur school term starts. I hope u get it asap.
Dear Sir,
I do agree with what you suggest and as a proof I have attached my travelling tickets also of 5 september. When i applied it was 6 weeks means i should get it by 15 th august but pls advise like last week it was10 weeks but today it is 11 weeks. Does this timing impact the applications which were submitted earlier or for them earlier mentioned time is ok and they ate pit in that priority wise consideration?

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Dear Sir,
I do agree with what you suggest and as a proof I have attached my travelling tickets also of 5 september. When i applied it was 6 weeks means i should get it by 15 th august but pls advise like last week it was10 weeks but today it is 11 weeks. Does this timing impact the applications which were submitted earlier or for them earlier mentioned time is ok and they ate pit in that priority wise consideration?
applications are processed first come first serve base and yes u have to follow the current processing time which is 11 weeks. If u cross that time frame u can try to contact cic via there toll free number But I guess u should get a decision anytime either a yes or no.

vandana Pandey

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
applications are processed first come first serve base and yes u have to follow the current processing time which is 11 weeks. If u cross that time frame u can try to contact cic via there toll free number But I guess u should get a decision anytime either a yes or no.
Sir can you help answering my query regarging linking my paper application with online as iam trying since last 5days and after every 5tryings it gets locked for 24hrs

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Sir can you help answering my query regarging linking my paper application with online as iam trying since last 5days and after every 5tryings it gets locked for 24hrs
whats the error u r getting.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
It is showing” Found No Record”
Each time i try
follow these steps
Hi,
I found this post in another forum, maybe helpful for you.

1. Create a MyCIC account.

Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
If you have an account at one of the partner institutions listed on the page, you can use your credentials from there to sign in. If not, then create a new account.
2. Set up a GCKey account.

Bookmark the CIC sign-in page as this same page is used both to set up a new MyCIC account and to sign-in to your account once you have created one.
Click on the 'Continue to GCKey' button.
In the sign-in screen, click on the 'Sign Up' button on the right.
Pick a username, password, and recovery information.
3. Link your application to your MyCIC account.

Disclaimer: This part has been tricky and inconsistent for different users. To link your account, you have to enter a particular combination of information, and that set of information seems to vary person by person.

Log in to your MyCIC account (described above) in the ‘Welcome to GCKey’ screen.
In the ‘Welcome XXXX’ screen, click on the Continue button.
In the ‘Terms and Conditions’ screen, click the ‘I Accept’ button.
In the ‘Identity Validations’ screen, you are asked one of your security questions. Answer it and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
In your CIC Account screen, scroll down to the headings marked ‘Link an existing application to this account’ and click on the ‘Link application to this account’ button.
In the ‘Link Application’ screen:
Scroll down to the ‘category’ drop list and select ‘Permanent Residence’. This displays a Sub-Category.
In this sub-category drop list, select the correct sub-category (i.e., Family Class (Spouses)). This displays an ‘Application details’ section.
In the ‘Application Details’ section and in the 'Please select one' drop list, select the combination of data items you want to use to try to link your application. Most of them have been reported to work, but one has worked for many people is the 'Application Number and Family Name' option. See below for details on this.
There does not appear to be any magic best route with guaranteed success. Also note that there is a maximum of 5 attempts to link in any one 24 hour period allowed (although some have reported that it locks out after 4 failed attempts). You can of course have another 5 attempts the next day etc. But a logical approach to the various data permutations you use and persistence seem to pay off. Many people have made 15-30 different combination attempts over several days before they succeeded.

One of the oft-quoted ‘secrets of success’ seems to be to enter the bare minimum of information the screens will accept, rather than simply completing each and every field presented on the screens (you can use the 'failed validation warnings', so the red arrows that appear telling you what you have missed when you try to submit).

One particular route to success that several people have had luck with is the ‘Application number / Family name’ option:

Select the ‘Application number and family name’ option.
Chose number of applicants as 2 (i.e. the Principal Applicant and the Sponsor)
Enter the application number allocated by CIC and the family name
Attempt to submit, a validation error occurs
The validation red arrows indicate that only the birth details section is required (i.e. none of the passport section was highlighted - the drop lists for the passport sections were still available for editing however, normally the unnecessary fields tended to be grey out and turned off).
The above is merely one example that succeeded for several people by a process of trial and error.

Once you successfully link the application, you will see a summary in your CIC ‘Account’ screen.

Scroll down into the ‘What would you like to do today?' section
Further down there is a ‘View my submitted applications or profiles’ sub-heading. Your application for permanent residence appears here.
Click on the blue ‘check status and messages’ button to display tracking details.
[edit]What do the various statuses mean?
Item Statuses
Application / Profile Status Open
Closed
Cancelled
Review of eligibility Not started
Review in progress
Passed
Failed
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review in progress
We need medical information
Passed
Failed
Review of submitted documents Only refers to the review of additional documents that are requested
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Need to schedule
Interview cancelled
Interview rescheduled
Complete
A background check is needed Not started
Not needed at this time
In progress
Complete
Final decision Not started
Application approved
Application refused