+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My visa expired, but my PR card is valid until Jan 2024, I can travel back and forth to Canada?

tobyvo

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
As title, or do I still need to renew my visa? I am 99% sure that I can travel with my PR card. Just want to make sure. Thanks for any help :)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Obviousy still need a valid passport though and any valid visas required for any other countries based on your passport.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Obviousy still need a valid passport though and any valid visas required for any other countries based on your passport.
If he is a permanent resident, he does not need visa to Canada anymore (regardless of his current citizenship).

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
As title, or do I still need to renew my visa? I am 99% sure that I can travel with my PR card. Just want to make sure. Thanks for any help :)
You are a PR. All you need is a valid passport and a PR card or PRTD (if you don't have a PR card) to go back to Canada.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
If he is a permanent resident, he does not need visa to Canada anymore (regardless of his current citizenship).
I think because the opening poster said "I can travel with my pr card" …..bs65 is saying yes but of course you also need your valid passport and any visas (transit) that your passport requires for other countries along the way to Canada.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I think because the opening poster said "I can travel with my pr card" …..bs65 is saying yes but of course you also need your valid passport and any visas (transit) that your passport requires for other countries along the way to Canada.
Exactly what I was saying if anybody read my post 'any other countries' meaning any other countries apart from Canada given a PR card means nothing to any country outside of Canada so if the OP needed a visa for any country apart from Canada then will still need a visa even if a PR.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Exactly what I was saying if anybody read my post 'any other countries' meaning any other countries apart from Canada given a PR card means nothing to any country outside of Canada so if the OP needed a visa for any country apart from Canada then will still need a visa even if a PR.
of course except for the countries that will honor Canadian PR or TRV and give you a trv based on that. (example indian passport holders with CDN PR do not require a visa to mexico)

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
of course except for the countries that will honor Canadian PR or TRV and give you a trv based on that. (example indian passport holders with CDN trv or PR do not require a visa to mexico)
List below not quite sure if upto date and may still be exceptions based on passport holders country regardless of PR status. Slightly off topic now anyway from original post