+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My TRV was rejected from Abu Dhabi....any advice for round 2?

rohanferns

Sep 11, 2012
Hey guys....I sent in my application with as much paperwork as I could to please the Canadian consulate that I would exit at the end of my stay, but I was refused on grounds of
1. My travel history
2. Purpose of visit
3. Limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

I had submitted the following documents

Two Application forms (from the embassy)
Bank Statements
Proof of previous travels (I had visited Thailand, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Cyprus so I attached those visa pages from my old passport)
Letter from my company declaring that they are aware of my annual vacation plans and requesting the embassy to support me in granting my visa.
Letter from my Insurance company stating that I have worldwide medical and accidental insurance
Copies of Rent Contract of my house here in Kuwait ( its in my name)
Copies of Home agreement papers for my apartment in Mumbai (also in my name)
Invitation letter from my uncle in Canada with his supporting documents (Driving Licence and PR card)

Thats about it. Here's what I think raised some red flags
Recently divorced (maybe they think im looking for a fresh start)
New Job (I have been working with this company for the last 7 months and was planning a vacation in December)

Can anyone advice me on what I could do to improve my chances next time round?

A little about me...
- Indian Citizen working in Kuwait
- Just started working with this agency 7 months back
- Recently divorced (you got that already)
- Staying alone with mom in Kuwait (my mom has retired a few years back. She is currently visiting Canada and will be back in Dec, thats when I plan to go. We have a dog so both of us cant be out at the same time)
- I have a sister and her family here as well. ( My sister and her family, along with my mom applied for a multiple entry visa to canada 2 months back and got it. They all went to visit my uncle there and due to work overload my sister had to come back in 3 weeks while my mom stayed back for a bit longer)
I have a brother and his wife settled in Mumbai

I cant think of any more relevant info. Please advise.......... Thanks in advance
-

rohanferns

Sep 11, 2012
steaky said:
I have the following questions, if you don't mind:

1) Did your uncle also provide his notice of assessments, bank statements, residence information? No he did'nt. he just issued a general letter stating that I was welcome to stay with them as long as I want. I dont understand "residence info" If you mean his address, that was also mentioned along with his contact info
2) When you apply for visa in Adu Dhabi, why do you submit your home papers in Mumbai ? I am an Indian so I submitted my home papers as proof of assets. They asked to submit proof of funds/assets/property. There is no Canadian consulate in Kuwait. Everyone sends their applications to Abu Dhabi
3) Did the invitation letter mentions your purpose of visit? There is no specified purpose of visit. It was just an annual break. He mentioned that he hoped that I would get to enjoy a snowy xmas as I've never seen snow. The same letter format was issued for my sister, her family and my mum when they applied and they got through.
4) Did you provide your divorce papers to the consulate? No, I just mentioned that I was divorced in the application form ( it had the option from the drop down menu) and I mentioned the date of the divorce. They didnt ask to submit proof.
5) Did you also show proof to the consulate that you own a dog in Kuwait? No I didnt, There is no way to prove that I own a dog. Any pic I submit could be of a friends dog. We dont have dog permits/licenses here or if we do, its not mandatory to have one. I could show my dogs annual vaccination booklet if you think it would make a substantial difference. That book is in my name.
6) How much did you wrote as funds available? I put down 5000CAD. I had little more than that in my account so I didnt put a figure I couldnt prove

Thanks for evaluating this and any insights you may have steaky. I just replied against your querys in red

rohanferns

Sep 11, 2012
Im sorry, I forgot something that may be crucial. When they rejected my application. He also stated that I have not convinced him that I would leave Canada at the end of my stay as a temporary resident. In concluding those factors he concluded several factors including:
1. My travel history
2. Purpose of visit
3. Limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, it would probably be a waste of time and money if you provide same old supporting document to the Canadian consulate the next time. It probably got rejected again. I suggest you give the Consulate with new materials such as:
1) Proofs of ties with Kuwait: such as dog vaccinations record, rental agreement with your landlord, etc.;
2) Ask your uncle to revise his invitation letter and clearly state the purpose of your visit in his letter;
3) Provide your uncle's and your bank statement;
4) Provide your divorce papers proving it is genuine;
5) Provide your uncle's rental agreement with his landlord. If owned, provide his property tax bill.

fakehashish

Sep 9, 2012
I think the fact that Your mum is currently In canada, and you are recently divorced, new job, and you have family there..which means they could suspect you're coming to Canada and might stay / find better job/ start new.

Perhaps if you could attach a copy of your mothers return ticket? Or have something written (in the invitation letter perhaps) about your mum coming back in Dec before you plan to go... and stuff about the dog!

But other than that I don't know... I'm a noob myself lol. The single entry could also help your case, wish you all the best

rohanferns

Sep 11, 2012
fakehashish said:
I think the fact that Your mum is currently In canada, and you are recently divorced, new job, and you have family there..which means they could suspect you're coming to Canada and might stay / find better job/ start new.

Perhaps if you could attach a copy of your mothers return ticket? Or have something written (in the invitation letter perhaps) about your mum coming back in Dec before you plan to go... and stuff about the dog!

But other than that I don't know... I'm a noob myself lol. The single entry could also help your case, wish you all the best
Thanks fakehashish....They dont know about my mom visiting Canada, so they couldn't have rejected me on those grounds.
I will however definitely show proof that I have a dog. whodeverthink........:)

fakehashish

Sep 9, 2012
rohanferns said:
Thanks fakehashish....They dont know about my mom visiting Canada, so they couldn't have rejected me on those grounds.
I will however definitely show proof that I have a dog. whodeverthink........:)
I don't know, I find that hard to believe. Of course they know about your mum if she's entered Canada, it would obviously be there on the system (im sure they have one)
-_-

Didn't you have to fill out that Family Information sheet? Man, these people know everything XD

rohanferns

Sep 11, 2012
fakehashish said:
I don't know, I find that hard to believe. Of course they know about your mum if she's entered Canada, it would obviously be there on the system (im sure they have one)
-_-

Didn't you have to fill out that Family Information sheet? Man, these people know everything XD
You think so?? Gosh! Maybe my sister offset it by returning. In the family info sheet, it asked names, relationship to applicant, profession and current address. I put my mums current address as mine. And I also claimed that she was retired. Im still gathering my documents. Its a pain because many of them are in arabic and I would have to get them attested and translated to english...total nightmare. When are you expecting to hear back?

fakehashish

Sep 9, 2012
I am still waiting to receive another notarised letter of invitation and proof from my Canadian friend. It's her birthday in a few days, Im guessing I would get them by the first week of October (Because Purolator sucks and delivers quickest 2 weeks even tho they say "4 working days" ) ::)

I'm unsure whether to drive down there, or use Aramex, Planning to go to Canada 20th Nov - 27th Dec

cljw31

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
fakehashish said:
I am still waiting to receive another notarised letter of invitation and proof from my Canadian friend. It's her birthday in a few days, Im guessing I would get them by the first week of October (Because Purolator sucks and delivers quickest 2 weeks even tho they say "4 working days" ) ::)

I'm unsure whether to drive down there, or use Aramex, Planning to go to Canada 20th Nov - 27th Dec
I think you should try to give evidences that you will go back to your home country after your trip, instead of proving your Canadian friend is real. Just because you have an invitation from a Canadian friend, it doesn't mean the Canadian Officers will believe you will leave Canada. Rejecting due to Regulation 179 is a very popular reason when it comes to Visiting Visas

rohanferns

Sep 11, 2012
fakehashish said:

I agree with cljw3. That is just proof of "Purpose of visit", now think of ways to prove that you will exit. I think someone mentioned that you could add a letter from your university stating that you have upcoming classes in Jan. That should suffice, however if you can think of more to add, please do. Why risk it.

cljw31

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
rohanferns said:
I agree with cljw3. That is just proof of "Purpose of visit", now think of ways to prove that you will exit. I think someone mentioned that you could add a letter from your university stating that you have upcoming classes in Jan. That should suffice, however if you can think of more to add, please do. Why risk it.
Yea, Canadian govt doesn't really care why you want to visit Canada, they just care about whether you'll leave after your trip. Thats the most important thing everyone needs to prove!