+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My TRV has been processed for months then I submitted PR application outside canada

vwei

Jan 10, 2024
Hi friends,

I think my case is too special to find solutions from elsewhere except this forum.

I submitted my TRV application in early 2023 and it is still being processed. While waiting for TRV, I submitted the family class PR application outside Canada. I found a policy that they will process TRV for spousal application within 30 days, but my TRV was submitted before my PR application. To get TRV faster, do I need to submit another TRV? Or should I send a webform to let them know that I am now a spousal PA?

Thank you guys!!

colgate1

Star Member
Jul 1, 2023
For you to benefit the visitor visa you are referring, you first need to submit your outland spousal application first.

One you receive an AOR, then, you apply for the visitor visa. It is not the other way around.

Perhaps, if you get AOR before the visa processed, you could reach them out and explain the situation.

Or just reach them out and suggest them to hold on to to processing the visitor visa until your get the AOR for the spousal application.

vwei

Jan 10, 2024
For you to benefit the visitor visa you are referring, you first need to submit your outland spousal application first.

One you receive an AOR, then, you apply for the visitor visa. It is not the other way around.

Perhaps, if you get AOR before the visa processed, you could reach them out and explain the situation.

Or just reach them out and suggest them to hold on to to processing the visitor visa until your get the AOR for the spousal application.
Thanks for your advise! Another question is if I receive an email with file number does that mean AOR?