+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Timeline from Singapore

skywards747

Mar 15, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I always enjoyed reading this forum and few others dealing with the Canadian immigration for the past few years and all of them has been very useful to me during my application process. This is my first post since now I have some news to report.

I just received my PPR last week. My timeline to reach this milestone was as follows.

Application submission to Singapore CHC: Feb 2004

Interview waiver received with the advice that medicals will be called for in 2008: Oct 2006

Medicals, background checks, proof of settlement funds payment for landing fees and a supplemental application for my son who turned 18 since the original application requested: Sep 2007

All the requested documents submitted : Dec 2007

PPR Received : Mar 2008

Hope this is useful to those of you who are waiting for some news. Please note that my on line status up to today has been showing "In process". Also among four of us in the family, we have lived in 3 different countries and we had to submit police reports from all those places.

I just have a question, if I take the passports in person to CHC, Singapore, will they endorse the passports over the counter or will they keep them for a day or two? I am unable to find that info anywhere.

Thanks a lot and my best wishes to all !

PS: We plan to go to Toronto in June. My son is already at University of Toronto.

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
Hi Skywards,

Thank you for the information you have posted in this forum. Your message relieved my worries.
We have the same case as well.

We applied on June 2004
CIC Sin received our med results on Nov 2007
Worth statement and PCC sent on Dec 2007 ( we also lived in 3 different countries)
No letter from CIC Sin until today, I hope we will receive good news this month.

Good luck and all the best...

abbey

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
Hi Skywards/Abbey,

My timeline is very similar to yours and except that I applied on 3 March 2003 and my visa was issued on 9 March 2008.

Regarding your visa, CIC Singapore will accept passports for stamping between 0830 & 1230. They take 3 working days to stamp your visa. And you can your passports & COPR between 1130 & 1200 on the date they appoint you to pick up you documents.

Mike

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
Hello Mike/Skywards,

Did you received your passport already? How long does it takes to get your passport back?

cheers,
abbey

M S Chaudhry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2006
Hi Skywards

Thanks for sharing information regarding your application processing time line and GOOD LUCK for your future in CANADA. Hope U will share regularly something important and informative for others.

pavanemusic

May 20, 2008
Hi all

I received my AOR 15 Jan 07. Judging from your experience, I believe my wait is gog to be just as long. Skywards, did you apply via an agent or personally? You mentioned that your son has turned 18 and studying in UT. With the new rule applied for NS, did he has to go for NS or has he already did? I am assuming that he is Singaporean (pls correct me if I am wrong). My son is now 9 (who holds a dual citizenship singapore and USA) and I am hoping that we get the canadian PR when before he turns 11. My sis is living in Vancouver and I hope to join her there.

Hope to get some advice from you all...thanks

skywards747

Mar 15, 2008
Please refer to my later post which includes my experience at CHC, Singapore for getting COPR in person.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/copr-received-and-landing-questions-t8687.0.html