+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my study permit expiring in the same month in which I arrive in canada

krexpert

Feb 4, 2021
Dear Sir/Mam

I Have applied for GIS Course Sept 2021

Previously I had applied in January 2020 for GIS Sept 2020 intake.
But due to Pandemic, I was not able to get Student Visa because Embassy offices were also closed in India from March 2020 to September 2020.
So I had to defer my fees to September 2021.
Now after completing all the procedures, I got my Visa for September intake, but the visa form is showing that my student visa is valid from Feb 2021 to Sept 2021.

I think there is some sort of misunderstanding. My intake is Sept 2021, but my Student Visa is expiring in the same month.
Will I face any problem at Canadian Border Services Agency or there is no issue.
Can I extend my student visa from india or not?
I am still in India and my course has not started. It starts on 30th August 2021. My Visa expires on 30 Sept 2021.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Most likely there is no mistake. You can enter Canada and then extend your study permit. You can't extend it from outside Canada.

dinesh_18x

Mar 5, 2020
Did you inform them about your new LOA from college? Else the study permit given to you will become invalid.

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
If you are talking about your study permit, I'd suggest getting that application out as soon as you arrive.

Temporary residents: Maintained status during processing (previously called implied status) - Canada.ca

"All temporary residents have an automatically imposed condition that they must leave Canada at the end of their authorized period of stay. However, as per section R181, a temporary resident may apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have legal status as a temporary resident during the processing period. "

If you let your permit expire, you can apply to reinstate. You would have 90 days to reinstate and pay an extra restoration fee ($200). If you renew before your permit expires, you have status that continues until they approve or reject your application (and something like this is almost always approved). If you wait, it's expensive. If you wait more than 90 days after expiration, it's a real problem. Don't do that.

Reactions: krexpert

dinesh_18x

Mar 5, 2020
If OP's TRV (Sticker on Passport) is until Sept 2021 and if they did not update IRCC with the latest LOA from college, once they land in Canada immigration will probably refuse entry as OP is not a student of Sept'20, but moved to Sept'21 and file says otherwise.

If latest LOA is all updated and OP still got it until Sept'21, they can get an extension of the TRV. I doubt this is the case, because who issues a TRV which expires at the beginning of student's course right.

As far as I know a TRV(sticker on passport) will be given for the entire duration of the Study permit (printout given at immigration after landing in Canada). If at all they did not update the new LOA, it will a denied entry as immigration is expecting you to be done with the course by Sept'21 not start it.

krexpert

Feb 4, 2021
If OP's TRV (Sticker on Passport) is until Sept 2021 and if they did not update IRCC with the latest LOA from college, once they land in Canada immigration will probably refuse entry as OP is not a student of Sept'20, but moved to Sept'21 and file says otherwise.

If latest LOA is all updated and OP still got it until Sept'21, they can get an extension of the TRV. I doubt this is the case, because who issues a TRV which expires at the beginning of student's course right.

As far as I know a TRV(sticker on passport) will be given for the entire duration of the Study permit (printout given at immigration after landing in Canada). If at all they did not update the new LOA, it will a denied entry as immigration is expecting you to be done with the course by Sept'21 not start it.
how can i check whether they have updated my LOA or not???

dinesh_18x

Mar 5, 2020
how can i inform them?? how can i contact them??
Generally, after you submit your study permit application, you can raise another web form if any updates are to be made to your application. Once your request is raised they will request new documents in your GC Key account where you have to upload the new LOA. Adding another letter of explanation to detail your situation is recommended.

Web form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

how can i check whether they have updated my LOA or not???
You'll have to update this to IRCC after receiving the new LOA for Sept'21 from your institution. Else, they will be under the assumption that you're starting you're course based on previous LOA, which is false and you will be denied entry.