+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my student permit was refused I need suggestions.

crisis

Jul 7, 2018
Hello all,

I like to hear some advice if possible please,, got rejected for a student visa and my reasons are somewhat funny. Im an Industrial Engineer and IT consultant, i also like to add developing to my skills by studying web and mobile application development in canada. Im not even sure if the approver went trough my documents honestly...

current employment situation;
Im unemployed for last 8 months, the department that i have worked got shut down in company, after that because of my plans to study in canada employers didnt want to hire me, they want employees who can work for 2 years at least but before this i worked for 13 monts.

employment prospects in country of residence;
Now im not sure what they mean by this. There are tons of companies that would gladly hire me after my studies since im already professionaly certfied at consulting and i will get the developer skills
Do they want a letter from a company that would hire me when im back and saying that education that i will recive would be an addition because i didnt had that letter, i thought 2 years is a long time to get such letter from a work place.

limited employment prospects in your country of residence;
This is same with above why do they give same reasons multiple times ??

personal assets and financial status;
My sponsor has monthly income of 2900 cad and savings of 14,700 usd. My program is a year for study and a year of coop so offical requirement is 10k cad because of 1 year lecture time. My sponsor also have a land with value of 300 000 cad so i have easly esceeded the required amount...

purpose of visit;
To study coding so i can because a very valuable It consultant and Developer. I mentioned this in detail in my letter of intent. Im almost sure these officers dont even read the documents.

your current employment situation;
I have stated this in first reason again same reason...

your personal assets and financial status;
I stated this above again same reason twice.

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Hi there. Sorry to hear about your refusal.
It seems your rejection is focused only at financial basis. Since you said your sponsor having savings of about 14700 USD and he does not have any other liquid cash available except the land. I noticed 3 things.
1- you personally havent shown any of your financial proofs.
2- you have not paid diploma fee
3- they also consider that either sponsor can support other family members in home country or not.
I know it seems weird but one immigration lawyer told me in case of sponsorship sponsor should have at least saving of 80,000 CAD in savings. And then some amount in applicants bank account if applicant is mature. Then they will take the case for study permit.

I wish you best of luck. Try to show as much as funds if possible.

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Hello all,

I like to hear some advice if possible please,, got rejected for a student visa and my reasons are somewhat funny. Im an Industrial Engineer and IT consultant, i also like to add developing to my skills by studying web and mobile application development in canada. Im not even sure if the approver went trough my documents honestly...

Im unemployed for last 8 months, the department that i have worked got shut down in company, after that because of my plans to study in canada employers didnt want to hire me, they want employees who can work for 2 years at least but before this i worked for 13 monts.

Now im not sure what they mean by this. There are tons of companies that would gladly hire me after my studies since im already professionaly certfied at consulting and i will get the developer skills
Do they want a letter from a company that would hire me when im back and saying that education that i will recive would be an addition because i didnt had that letter, i thought 2 years is a long time to get such letter from a work place.

My sponsor has monthly income of 2900 cad and savings of 14,700 usd. My program is a year for study and a year of coop so offical requirement is 10k cad because of 1 year lecture time. My sponsor also have a land with value of 300 000 cad so i have easly esceeded the required amount...

purpose of visit;
To study coding so i can because a very valuable It consultant and Developer. I mentioned this in detail in my letter of intent. Im almost sure these officers dont even read the documents.

It seems your rejection is focused only at financial basis. Since you said your sponsor having savings of about 14700 USD and he does not have any other liquid cash available except the land. I noticed 3 things.
3- they also consider that either sponsor can support other family members in home country or not.
I know it seems weird but one immigration lawyer told me in case of sponsorship sponsor should have at least saving of 80,000 CAD in savings. And then some amount in applicants bank account if applicant is mature. Then they will take the case for study permit.

crisis

Jul 7, 2018

Thank your for answer in such shot notice
1.I can not personally show any financial proof because i had a single bank account i have terminated it.
2.I have paid the first payment of 4250 cad which was also show in my letter of acceptance so my actual savings is 14700 usd + 4250 cad now im planing to add 7000 more usd by my sponsor and that is the top amount i can reach.
3.I have a sister who is also an industrial engineer so our familiy members are as follows, mother is a hosuewife, father whom is my sponsor is accounting manager and sister who is just graduated and gona start working soon so familiy can easly take care of them selfs.

Edit; My total fee for school is 14750 cad and as i mentioned 4250 of it has been paid.

Last edited:

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
The purpose of documenting immovable assets, such as land, house, etc., is to show home ties and not to be shown in the light for funding the education or living expenses. Such assets can't be liquidated immediately. Instead, try to show fixed deposits, mutual funds, lic policy etc.

Since, we don't know your profile and what program you applied for, so can't comment anything on that.

The reasons may sound weird because VO didn't viewed your application the way you were viewing it. May be the way you described thing in your LoI didn't ringed with VO. Try to revisit your application after one week and the shortcomings of your application will start bubbling up.

There is no need to get upset. Move on and prepare your application properly for next time.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello all,

purpose of visit;

In my opinion base, the VO assume you are working maybe given the way you stated your employment stance in your SOP, and thus, you didn't show enough evidence to justify the VO's refusal reasons as the VO "maybe" was expecting to see your employment letter, leave and leave approval letter, letter of introduction, personal bank statement etc which actually justifies your employment participation in your country's workforce

Request for you gcms notes to begin with, so you know how to comprehend properly on the VO's refusal reasons

Reactions: Al Saudi

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all,

Your refusal reasons certainly make sense.

You are unemployed.

You have been unemployed for 8 months, which shows limited prospects.

You need to show at least $25000 to cover tuition and living expenses. A monthly income of $2900 CAD is not sufficient to support an international student. The land is irrelevant because they aren't going to go out and sell it to pay for your studies.

purpose of visit;
The officer likely thought that your proposed study didn't match up with your previous education/work experience.

Reactions: Al Saudi

syed1214

Jul 7, 2018
Hi All,

I am Canadian National living in Alberta for last 4 years. My brother in law has applied for Canadian study permit and was rejected. He did Masters in Computer Science and bachelors in commerce. He applied for a diploma program in GIS in SAIT. He just got the CAIPS Notes and the reason of rejection is that the VISA officer is not satisfied with the admission in Diploma program after having a Masters degree in Computer Science and also family ties in Pakistan. Though He tried to get admission in university but because of low GPA he was not able to get it. He submitted a letter of sponsorship from his sister living in UK and showed 25000 CAD $ of bank statement. I have vetted his SOP and letter of explanation which focus on why he selected SAIT and why he selected Canada which I felt was fine.

I am now thinking to sponsor him for his study permit but I feel he may get objection after having a sponsorship from his sister living in Canada since it may jeopardize his position ( purpose of stay).

Can Somebody help me what is the best course of action in this scenario? Does anybody knows of any genuine consultant who can resolve this puzzle?

Any help will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks

crisis

Jul 7, 2018
Your refusal reasons certainly make sense.

You are unemployed.

You have been unemployed for 8 months, which shows limited prospects.

You need to show at least $25000 to cover tuition and living expenses. A monthly income of $2900 CAD is not sufficient to support an international student. The land is irrelevant because they aren't going to go out and sell it to pay for your studies.

The officer likely thought that your proposed study didn't match up with your previous education/work experience.
Hi,

Today i tried to change some stuff for my next application. First of all i like to point out that my sponsor will get another 10k usd so in total my savings will be 24700 usd +4250 cad.

Second i will get a letter from my previous work place which says that the education i will receive is crucial to my work and my employer approves my decision and they will hire me when I’m back. Edit: I didnt had this letter before.

As for current employment, as i mentioned my department got shot down because of reasons out of my control. After that because of my decision of studying in Canada employers didn’t want to hire me and they were right, i wouldn’t hire someone who is gona go in couple of months in this line of business. I didn’t mention this on my letter of intent but now I will.

What do you think my chances are with these updates?

2nd edit; After the feeling of dissapointment went away yes you are right my reasons arent weird.
Im sorry for my manners.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Today i tried to change some stuff for my next application. First of all i like to point out that my sponsor will get another 10k usd so in total my savings will be 24700 usd +4250 cad.

Second i will get a letter from my previous work place which says that the education i will receive is crucial to my work and my employer approves my decision and they will hire me when I’m back. Edit: I didnt had this letter before.

As for current employment, as i mentioned my department got shot down because of reasons out of my control. After that because of my decision of studying in Canada employers didn’t want to hire me and they were right, i wouldn’t hire someone who is gona go in couple of months in this line of business. I didn’t mention this on my letter of intent but now I will.

What do you think my chances are with these updates?

2nd edit; After the feeling of dissapointment went away yes you are right my reasons arent weird.
Im sorry for my manners.
Your savings will still be zero. Convert your amounts to CAD. Who is your sponsor? Where is that additional money coming from? Even with that, your financial situation is still weak because your sponsor has a lower income.

You could have gotten another job, especially since there is no guarantee that you will be coming to Canada.

crisis

Jul 7, 2018
Your savings will still be zero. Convert your amounts to CAD. Who is your sponsor? Where is that additional money coming from? Even with that, your financial situation is still weak because your sponsor has a lower income.

You could have gotten another job, especially since there is no guarantee that you will be coming to Canada.
1. Savings are total of 32 750 cad. Do i really have to convert this money to cad ? usd is better for currency purposess
2. Sponsor is my father. My mother is also my sponsor and with the pension salaries they have the total monthly income of my sponsors are 4500 cad + 300 cad of a rent income from a house we own. First number that i have given is only the salary of my father but that is not the only income of my sponsors.

3. Money is coming from a relative that my father has given loan. This is the return of it. No this was not offical
4. Projects in my line of work takes more than 7 months of time in most cases. Since those projects are to be taken over by someone after me it is quite usual that employers dont like this. Other option was to lying to employer and i wont do that.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. Savings are total of 32 750 cad. Do i really have to convert this money to cad ? usd is better for currency purposess
2. Sponsor is my father. My mother is also my sponsor and with the pension salaries they have the total monthly income of my sponsors are 4500 cad
3. Money is coming from a relative that my father has given loan. This is the return of it. No this was not offical
4. Projects in my line of work takes more than 7 months of time in most cases. Since those projects are to be taken over by someone after me it is quite usual that employers dont like this. Other option was to lying to employer and i wont do that.
1. Really? What country are you applying to?

2. You should have showed both parents' income.

3. Without official documentation, it looks like he has borrowed money to inflate his account balance.

4. There are always ways to still work.

crisis

Jul 7, 2018
1. Really? What country are you applying to?

2. You should have showed both parents' income.

3. Without official documentation, it looks like he has borrowed money to inflate his account balance.

4. There are always ways to still work.
1. I have been told that money doesnt have to be in cad specificly but worth is really what matters.
2. I stated both income of my parents with papers for the monthly income of 4500 cad.
3. I can pay the tuition fee with that money and for rest i have explanation.
4. If i only need to work im overkill for some branches but those work wont add anything to my career so do i really have to ?

crisis

Jul 7, 2018
Do you know if i have to state any bank statements for my self ? because i dont have any bank account so i have no savings under my name at all