+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My story in Canada

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
My_story_2012_now said:
Posted on 5 Apr 2014

Today I thought Ill write something about settling in Canada. Like many other immigrants I landed along with my family in Toronto on a sunny evening (yes evenings are sunny during long summers days) in May2012. My plan was a short stay of 3 weeks during which I had a list of things to complete. We stayed at a very close relatives house during this time and we are so thankful for their support during this initial days.

In the first couple of days it was so exciting, why not? We had long dreamed to come here and we were here finally. As the excitement of the first days started fading with the realities I started getting into action. I had come here with a plan, a target to complete certain things before we exit in 3 weeks time.
The things completed were...

-Applying for SIN cards

-Got a G-1 driving license

-Me and my wife both appeared for a CLB test and got a high scores ( this test is free for new immigrants, can be taken at YMCA.

-Activation of bank account

-The most important thing I achieved was getting registered for 4-week full time bridging program( IWES) for new immigrants. A pre-requisite of this program was CLB with a high score. It was good in a way that I got a chance to experience my first interview in Canada for admission into this program. Once confirmed I deferred it for six months as I had no plans to stay beyond three weeks.

-Took an appointment and visited a few recruiters who gave me a first cut feedback on my resume - I consider this to be very critical, as a new immigrant we don't know very well how well prepared our resumes are to focus on job market in Canada. Usually when you sit with a recruiter who will go through your resume and ask you a small questions about your skills and previous experience to build his understanding on how to project you with the employers. S/he may also suggest you to make changes to your resume. If they don't, never hesitate to politely ask them if they think that you should be making some changes to your resume? They will be happy to give you suggestions. And if they say to make changes and email it back to them, always make sure to thank them for their time and suggestions/feedback and send them back within agreed time which can be EOD, next day etc...

-I would suggest to visit YMCA as they have lots of information which can help us, just browsing through their shelf of brochures and picking up a few and giving random calls to a few recruiters to book appointment will help a lot.. These initial steps are small but will help you focus and those little interactions will boost your confidence by helping you with your communication skills.

To be contd... :)

Posted on 6 April'2014

I returned back to India as I was still working with a MNC so didn't wanted to be in a haste to quit, now that I had some experience of being in Canada and meeting people I wanted to carry it forward and started applying for jobs while I was in India. I applied for a lot of jobs and got many responses but as I mentioned that I was not in Canada so obviously and as expected I was out of the race. Later At the end of October I returned back alone seeing that the response was good and it was worth taking a risk by quitting my job.

In my first week after returning and starting from where I left I passed G-2 driving license road test and followed it up by joining the IWES bridging program where I was already accepted during my previous visit. To give a background about IWES program, it supports new immigrants by providing them first hand information about Canada. Topics such as Canadian work culture and a range of activities such as resume workshops, mock up interviews, encouraging participants to do presentations on different topics are covered. Successful immigrants are invited to share their success stories and practices they followed which was quite interesting, during one such interaction an HR executive from an organization was invited to provide information about Canadian labor laws and hiring process which was another interesting aspect of this program. As it was a full day program it gives a first hand opportunity of interacting with different people which is very helpful as we can share our experiences with each other and learn from others too. One activity which was outstanding I thought was mock up panel interviews which were video recorded and shared with the candidates. It gave a very good insight on our ability to project ourselves during an interview.

A key thing to learn about the interviews is to always keep in mind S.T.A.R - Situation, Task, Action, Result. Recall your previous successes stories at work and write your own small stories based on STAR. It will help you during interviews. Interviewers love it when you narrate your story against a question based on STAR. I would say write it as it will remain with you and will always help you to quickly go through it before an interview call.

Here, I must also add that some people with whom I discussed about this program gave a discouraging view saying things like "those programs are only a waste of time" or "it is just a way of showing that you are not left alone after arriving in Canada and it doesn't help at all". Listening to such views was quite disheartening but if you stay focused on your goals such talk should never bothers you, it didn't bother me at least as I knew I have to keep my eyes wide open and secondly learning anything new is never a waste of time.

More to come.... 8)

Posted on 20 April'2014

Meanwhile keeping myself busy with the program I had also started to extensively apply for jobs. My primary source was monster.ca and workopolis.ca as I started to apply I made sure that I created an excel sheet which keeps a record of what positions I applied? Date of applying, the email address I sent my resume to and my own rating level between 1-10 on how much I expect that it will turn into an opportunity. One other thing I did was created a folder on my laptop and under this folder I created different sub folders with each folder having a small description of the position I applied for with a copy of my resume and cover letter mailed along with a word document where I copy pasted the job description saved in it, just so that I don't lose track of things.

When it comes to applying for jobs be open minded to relocating, I know it's hard and most of the immigrants including me land in Toronto expecting to only look for jobs in this city, it goes on to such an extent that they end up wasting a lot of time and missing out on opportunities elsewhere. There are plenty of 6; 12 months contract jobs in the market they give a real opportunity to jump start your career. The process of hiring in a contract position is shorter compared to full time positions, so never rule out contract positions.

I applied for more than 50 to 60 jobs online starting Nov until the third week of Dec'12 when I finally got a call from a reputed recruitment consultant about a contract position in Winnipeg, the recruiter told me to highlight some of my previous experience of working on projects and send him in a presentable format. It was more of why I should be hired for this position? I created a two slide presentation format and responded to him and bang! He got back to me saying that the employer is interested in an interview.

Most of the questions were to understand a candidate's behavioral response with questions such as "what was the toughest situation you faced in your career and what your response was?" as I mentioned earlier always remember STAR, be ready with your story (short to the point) and respond. The interview lasted for 45 minutes. The next day I got a call from the recruiter that I have been selected and have to join in a week's time, it was the greatest news I have waited to hear for! For so many months I have been thinking about this getting my first job in Canada and here it was. The down side of it, I had to leave Toronto to Winnipeg all alone on my own. I was prepared to take this risk as I considered that waiting for another opportunity in Toronto May take forever, who knows it, may have taken at least another month, two months or more? Looking at the financial position it was worth taking this step.

I have missed something which I thought I must add, during my fourth week at IWES, this was the second week of Dec'12 a friend of mine referred me for a 3-week contract job in Mississauga. The job was a low paying $12/hour, I thought that since I am at the end of the IWES program and it was December time when usually hiring is considered to be at low, better to get busy with this job. This job as I discovered was very much demanding. Not only that I had to travel at least 2 hrs one way from my place of stay but the job was entirely done standing. I made a few friends here who I was shocked to know that were working here for the previous 5 years. During one of my discussions at lunch I told them that I don't think I'm going to continue there after 3-weeks, some of them said when we join we too thought and said what you are saying but look at us it's 5 years now and we are still here. Inside my head I smiled and said to myself I'm not going to continue here whatever people say?

I want to make a little suggestion here, if as a starter you get a similar low paying survival job then better look for one which is closer to your place of stay, these jobs are not worth spending travel time of 4 hours as I did. Save your time and energies for your main objectives of getting a full time or a contract position which commensurate with your skills. When I was at the start of third week at this workplace I got a call from a recruiter about which I have already mentioned earlier and got a job to move to Winnipeg. When I disclosed this and said good bye to my colleagues they couldn't believe it! Be ambitious, be determined, be risk taking, the initial time is the most testing time for any new immigrant, if you don't show your bone at this time then try a soft ball game! Never get deterred by people who suck you in with their de-motivating stories instead be determined to write your own successful story.

Move to Winnipeg

It was a rocking start to the year 2013, I got a 12-month contract job in one of the biggest insurance companies in Canada, I planned to move to Winnipeg and bought my air tickets. I thought that my relatives in Toronto wanted me to wait to have waited a little more time to get a job in Toronto instead of jumping on the first job but I had my own worries in my head and didn't wanted to wait.

Before moving I looked for apartments in Winnipeg, usually it's hard to rent an apartment if your are not in the city where you are looking for, although I got a few positive responses from people willing to share a room. I didn't finalize it and informed them that I'll be there and will take a look before confirming. I booked a hotel near the place of work on Portage Avenue which is in the downtown.

The day I landed in Winnipeg and took a cab to the hotel as I was on my way I could see snow piled up in heaps on both sides of the roads and the temperature was -15c, I got this weird feeling inside, did I make a mistake of moving here? It was too early to think about whether I really made a mistake as I was in the first hour after landing in Winnipeg but we all know that the first impressions are lasting impressions, this feeling remained throughout my stay in Winnipeg and made me to quickly chalk out my future, how to get out of this city? :) sounds funny but since I was on a contract which meant that I was not permanent pumped me up and lifted my spirits.

My story is not complete if I don't say anything about Winnipeg. The city is cold, no! It is the coldest among all the big cities in Canada. Welcome to cold weather, temperatures of -30c are normal during winters, if you are heading to this city be ready with extra warm clothing. Winters are long cold, the most depressing thing I thought about this city was heaps of rock hard snow piled up until end of April, the snow is so hard by this time that it takes over 2-3 weeks to melt.

I joined my place of work and was lucky to get a shared apartment on the very next day. The work place was a relaxed atmosphere with a large team of mostly senior people. It was a 40-hour per week job, the first couple of months I did almost nothing and was getting frustrated and I was even thinking why do they have to hire when there was not work at all? Later as I started getting familiar with people and environment my work load gradually increased but still I thought it was a lot lesser than when compared my previous workplaces outside Canada. The work culture was very organized, systematic with clear procedures and guidelines and above all stress free. People appreciated even when I completed a small task. I found that almost all my team mates were working here for over 20 years, my team lead was working in this organization for 35 years, I was looking like a small kid with just 10 years of experience :)

This was my first experience of Canadian workplace and every small thing was learning, when I say learning, it's mostly the Canadian work culture, knowing people and interacting with them. I should say that Canadians love to say stories and hear your stories too, so even if it is a small story like "you were coming to work this morning and the driver of the bus accidentally took a wrong turn and had to be reminded by passengers" small stories like this breaks the ice so whenever you get a chance speak about weather, news (not political I would suggest) but can be gossip related or even a ice hockey game, if you don't know ice hockey start picking up as it the most popular sport in Canada. At least be familiar with the names of hockey teams of favourite of your city like it is "Winnipeg Jets" in case of Winnipeg.

As I was in the month of June 2013 I knew that I had to start applying again as my contract period of 12-month was 6 months away but too me it looked as if it was very close. I updated my resume with my latest work experience and uploaded it on monster, within a few days I started getting calls. In one such call if I could remember it was from Ottawa the recruiter had to say "how did you ended up in Winnipeg"? And she was laughing. Here I would like to add a caveat "my views about Winnipeg must not necessarily be taken as negative, it's my own opinion based on a few observations (mostly cold weather) and others may have a lot many reasons to like this city"

By the end of June I had two interviews lined up for full time jobs one in Toronto and the other in Calgary, I was very inclined towards the job in Toronto as it will take me back to this city but unfortunately things didn't work out, the other interview was quiet successful, after three rounds of interview I got selected for a full time job in Calgary, by mid of July It was time to say good bye and start planning ahead for moving to Calgary.

story doesn't end here...more to come :)
you are doing great! good luck and wishing you more success

Roent

Dec 16, 2012
I am looking for this kind of topic before... Very inspiring because this is the one that they really experience in canada and it is the true situations you will encounter as an immigrant in canada and it is very helpful for us aspiring immigrants who are not yet reach canada and who had has nothing in mind what is really the life there... Thank you so much amd hoping for the continuation of your story... I hope that you will succeed and surpass all the trials you are in right now and someday your story will be post in canada's story of success... Goodluck and God bless!

IT canada

Jul 22, 2014
i would like to thank you mate for sharing such a lovely experience and request you to add the job roles which you came across, and your suggestions will be much appreciated for new comers.

TheMapleLeaf

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
11-May-2015 (Information Chart & PCC's)
File Transfer...
01-Dec-2014
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
12-Jul-2015
Passport Req..
05-Aug-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015
Good to know :) very interesting, inspirational, well structured and organised.

chakri8385

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2014
Exciting story. Hope I'll write something like this soon :)

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Now I really need to find time to write my story .......

dbase1981

May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014 1:57 PM DD encashed June 25, 2014
AOR Received.
PER August 7, 2014
Med's Request
August 27, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 7, 2014
LANDED..........
September 8, 2015
Hi, I was reading your story in Canada. i would like to ask since I'll probably have the same case as yours that I'll land in Canada but finish my work in the Philippines in 5-6 months more. Did your taxation change when you get back to India after you land? Did you already pay your taxes to Canada based on your earnings in India after you get back from landing in Canada?

Thanks in advance.

imani007

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
01-02-2016
My_story_2012_now said:
Posted on 5 Apr 2014

Today I thought Ill write something about settling in Canada. Like many other immigrants I landed along with my family in Toronto on a sunny evening (yes evenings are sunny during long summers days) in May2012. My plan was a short stay of 3 weeks during which I had a list of things to complete. We stayed at a very close relatives house during this time and we are so thankful for their support during this initial days.

In the first couple of days it was so exciting, why not? We had long dreamed to come here and we were here finally. As the excitement of the first days started fading with the realities I started getting into action. I had come here with a plan, a target to complete certain things before we exit in 3 weeks time.
The things completed were...

-Applying for SIN cards

-Got a G-1 driving license

-Me and my wife both appeared for a CLB test and got a high scores ( this test is free for new immigrants, can be taken at YMCA.

-Activation of bank account

-The most important thing I achieved was getting registered for 4-week full time bridging program( IWES) for new immigrants. A pre-requisite of this program was CLB with a high score. It was good in a way that I got a chance to experience my first interview in Canada for admission into this program. Once confirmed I deferred it for six months as I had no plans to stay beyond three weeks.

-Took an appointment and visited a few recruiters who gave me a first cut feedback on my resume - I consider this to be very critical, as a new immigrant we don't know very well how well prepared our resumes are to focus on job market in Canada. Usually when you sit with a recruiter who will go through your resume and ask you a small questions about your skills and previous experience to build his understanding on how to project you with the employers. S/he may also suggest you to make changes to your resume. If they don't, never hesitate to politely ask them if they think that you should be making some changes to your resume? They will be happy to give you suggestions. And if they say to make changes and email it back to them, always make sure to thank them for their time and suggestions/feedback and send them back within agreed time which can be EOD, next day etc...

-I would suggest to visit YMCA as they have lots of information which can help us, just browsing through their shelf of brochures and picking up a few and giving random calls to a few recruiters to book appointment will help a lot.. These initial steps are small but will help you focus and those little interactions will boost your confidence by helping you with your communication skills.

To be contd... :)

Posted on 6 April'2014

I returned back to India as I was still working with a MNC so didn't wanted to be in a haste to quit, now that I had some experience of being in Canada and meeting people I wanted to carry it forward and started applying for jobs while I was in India. I applied for a lot of jobs and got many responses but as I mentioned that I was not in Canada so obviously and as expected I was out of the race. Later At the end of October I returned back alone seeing that the response was good and it was worth taking a risk by quitting my job.

In my first week after returning and starting from where I left I passed G-2 driving license road test and followed it up by joining the IWES bridging program where I was already accepted during my previous visit. To give a background about IWES program, it supports new immigrants by providing them first hand information about Canada. Topics such as Canadian work culture and a range of activities such as resume workshops, mock up interviews, encouraging participants to do presentations on different topics are covered. Successful immigrants are invited to share their success stories and practices they followed which was quite interesting, during one such interaction an HR executive from an organization was invited to provide information about Canadian labor laws and hiring process which was another interesting aspect of this program. As it was a full day program it gives a first hand opportunity of interacting with different people which is very helpful as we can share our experiences with each other and learn from others too. One activity which was outstanding I thought was mock up panel interviews which were video recorded and shared with the candidates. It gave a very good insight on our ability to project ourselves during an interview.

A key thing to learn about the interviews is to always keep in mind S.T.A.R - Situation, Task, Action, Result. Recall your previous successes stories at work and write your own small stories based on STAR. It will help you during interviews. Interviewers love it when you narrate your story against a question based on STAR. I would say write it as it will remain with you and will always help you to quickly go through it before an interview call.

Here, I must also add that some people with whom I discussed about this program gave a discouraging view saying things like "those programs are only a waste of time" or "it is just a way of showing that you are not left alone after arriving in Canada and it doesn't help at all". Listening to such views was quite disheartening but if you stay focused on your goals such talk should never bothers you, it didn't bother me at least as I knew I have to keep my eyes wide open and secondly learning anything new is never a waste of time.

More to come.... 8)

Posted on 20 April'2014

Meanwhile keeping myself busy with the program I had also started to extensively apply for jobs. My primary source was monster.ca and workopolis.ca as I started to apply I made sure that I created an excel sheet which keeps a record of what positions I applied? Date of applying, the email address I sent my resume to and my own rating level between 1-10 on how much I expect that it will turn into an opportunity. One other thing I did was created a folder on my laptop and under this folder I created different sub folders with each folder having a small description of the position I applied for with a copy of my resume and cover letter mailed along with a word document where I copy pasted the job description saved in it, just so that I don't lose track of things.

When it comes to applying for jobs be open minded to relocating, I know it's hard and most of the immigrants including me land in Toronto expecting to only look for jobs in this city, it goes on to such an extent that they end up wasting a lot of time and missing out on opportunities elsewhere. There are plenty of 6; 12 months contract jobs in the market they give a real opportunity to jump start your career. The process of hiring in a contract position is shorter compared to full time positions, so never rule out contract positions.

I applied for more than 50 to 60 jobs online starting Nov until the third week of Dec'12 when I finally got a call from a reputed recruitment consultant about a contract position in Winnipeg, the recruiter told me to highlight some of my previous experience of working on projects and send him in a presentable format. It was more of why I should be hired for this position? I created a two slide presentation format and responded to him and bang! He got back to me saying that the employer is interested in an interview.

Most of the questions were to understand a candidate's behavioral response with questions such as "what was the toughest situation you faced in your career and what your response was?" as I mentioned earlier always remember STAR, be ready with your story (short to the point) and respond. The interview lasted for 45 minutes. The next day I got a call from the recruiter that I have been selected and have to join in a week's time, it was the greatest news I have waited to hear for! For so many months I have been thinking about this getting my first job in Canada and here it was. The down side of it, I had to leave Toronto to Winnipeg all alone on my own. I was prepared to take this risk as I considered that waiting for another opportunity in Toronto May take forever, who knows it, may have taken at least another month, two months or more? Looking at the financial position it was worth taking this step.

I have missed something which I thought I must add, during my fourth week at IWES, this was the second week of Dec'12 a friend of mine referred me for a 3-week contract job in Mississauga. The job was a low paying $12/hour, I thought that since I am at the end of the IWES program and it was December time when usually hiring is considered to be at low, better to get busy with this job. This job as I discovered was very much demanding. Not only that I had to travel at least 2 hrs one way from my place of stay but the job was entirely done standing. I made a few friends here who I was shocked to know that were working here for the previous 5 years. During one of my discussions at lunch I told them that I don't think I'm going to continue there after 3-weeks, some of them said when we join we too thought and said what you are saying but look at us it's 5 years now and we are still here. Inside my head I smiled and said to myself I'm not going to continue here whatever people say?

I want to make a little suggestion here, if as a starter you get a similar low paying survival job then better look for one which is closer to your place of stay, these jobs are not worth spending travel time of 4 hours as I did. Save your time and energies for your main objectives of getting a full time or a contract position which commensurate with your skills. When I was at the start of third week at this workplace I got a call from a recruiter about which I have already mentioned earlier and got a job to move to Winnipeg. When I disclosed this and said good bye to my colleagues they couldn't believe it! Be ambitious, be determined, be risk taking, the initial time is the most testing time for any new immigrant, if you don't show your bone at this time then try a soft ball game! Never get deterred by people who suck you in with their de-motivating stories instead be determined to write your own successful story.

Move to Winnipeg

It was a rocking start to the year 2013, I got a 12-month contract job in one of the biggest insurance companies in Canada, I planned to move to Winnipeg and bought my air tickets. I thought that my relatives in Toronto wanted me to wait to have waited a little more time to get a job in Toronto instead of jumping on the first job but I had my own worries in my head and didn't wanted to wait.

Before moving I looked for apartments in Winnipeg, usually it's hard to rent an apartment if your are not in the city where you are looking for, although I got a few positive responses from people willing to share a room. I didn't finalize it and informed them that I'll be there and will take a look before confirming. I booked a hotel near the place of work on Portage Avenue which is in the downtown.

The day I landed in Winnipeg and took a cab to the hotel as I was on my way I could see snow piled up in heaps on both sides of the roads and the temperature was -15c, I got this weird feeling inside, did I make a mistake of moving here? It was too early to think about whether I really made a mistake as I was in the first hour after landing in Winnipeg but we all know that the first impressions are lasting impressions, this feeling remained throughout my stay in Winnipeg and made me to quickly chalk out my future, how to get out of this city? :) sounds funny but since I was on a contract which meant that I was not permanent pumped me up and lifted my spirits.

My story is not complete if I don't say anything about Winnipeg. The city is cold, no! It is the coldest among all the big cities in Canada. Welcome to cold weather, temperatures of -30c are normal during winters, if you are heading to this city be ready with extra warm clothing. Winters are long cold, the most depressing thing I thought about this city was heaps of rock hard snow piled up until end of April, the snow is so hard by this time that it takes over 2-3 weeks to melt.

I joined my place of work and was lucky to get a shared apartment on the very next day. The work place was a relaxed atmosphere with a large team of mostly senior people. It was a 40-hour per week job, the first couple of months I did almost nothing and was getting frustrated and I was even thinking why do they have to hire when there was not work at all? Later as I started getting familiar with people and environment my work load gradually increased but still I thought it was a lot lesser than when compared my previous workplaces outside Canada. The work culture was very organized, systematic with clear procedures and guidelines and above all stress free. People appreciated even when I completed a small task. I found that almost all my team mates were working here for over 20 years, my team lead was working in this organization for 35 years, I was looking like a small kid with just 10 years of experience :)

This was my first experience of Canadian workplace and every small thing was learning, when I say learning, it's mostly the Canadian work culture, knowing people and interacting with them. I should say that Canadians love to say stories and hear your stories too, so even if it is a small story like "you were coming to work this morning and the driver of the bus accidentally took a wrong turn and had to be reminded by passengers" small stories like this breaks the ice so whenever you get a chance speak about weather, news (not political I would suggest) but can be gossip related or even a ice hockey game, if you don't know ice hockey start picking up as it the most popular sport in Canada. At least be familiar with the names of hockey teams of favourite of your city like it is "Winnipeg Jets" in case of Winnipeg.

As I was in the month of June 2013 I knew that I had to start applying again as my contract period of 12-month was 6 months away but too me it looked as if it was very close. I updated my resume with my latest work experience and uploaded it on monster, within a few days I started getting calls. In one such call if I could remember it was from Ottawa the recruiter had to say "how did you ended up in Winnipeg"? And she was laughing. Here I would like to add a caveat "my views about Winnipeg must not necessarily be taken as negative, it's my own opinion based on a few observations (mostly cold weather) and others may have a lot many reasons to like this city"

By the end of June I had two interviews lined up for full time jobs one in Toronto and the other in Calgary, I was very inclined towards the job in Toronto as it will take me back to this city but unfortunately things didn't work out, the other interview was quiet successful, after three rounds of interview I got selected for a full time job in Calgary, by mid of July It was time to say good bye and start planning ahead for moving to Calgary.

story doesn't end here...more to come :)
Like your story, organised and tenacious...wish you all the best for the future.

riyavisa

Jun 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th aug 2014
Doc's Request.
cc charge - 23rd november
Nomination.....
per - 19th december
File Transfer...
14th March
Med's Request
Meds done - 14th April
Med's Done....
3rd Line- 23rd April
Passport Req..
PPR & DM 26th May
Thanks for this post, this story, this life experience..I must say that i have read so many views and sadly most of them negative, which many times make me doubt why am i even putting all these efforts to apply for visa..but your story was a fresh breath of air..I got all the positive energy from it. Its not that it was all goody goody experience,but the way you have written is commendable and heart warming.
Thanks for sharing it, and will wait for remaining part of it!

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
Wow, interesting read, hope its ok to share it ona thead on this forum where I catalogue success stories of immigrants to Canada

Suhas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Nomination.....
VO: BWJ
AOR Received.
11-11-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
July 07, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 05, 2015
Interview........
Passport Submitted: Sep 08, 2015
Passport Req..
Sep 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2015
LANDED..........
Passports received back: Sep 14, 2015
Really an interesting/informative article. waiting for its latest episode.