+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my status expired long ago, what should i do?>

stas09

Sep 28, 2013
Hello!\

I really need your help~!!!!

i am a minor, entered canada in 2011 and got only a stamp in my passport without any visitor visa issued in the port of entry, thought i can stay with my parents (who have work permits) as long as thier visa is valid because im under 18 and a dependent child. stayed as a visitor for 6 months, did not know that i must also apply for a visitor visa of my own since it says in my father's visa that his dependent children are allowed to stay and study (secondary) as long as he can. im turning 18 in a few days, have to apply for a visa but not sure which visa should i apply for? restoration of my visitor status or applying for a new study permit as i am still finishing my high school courses? i would really appreciate your help and advice!! thank you!!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for extension and include a cover letter explaining you are a minor and you did not know you had to apply for extension before your visa expired. Also, in your visa extension application, include photocopies of your parents' passports showing their status.

samanta60

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
IELTS Request
19-02-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
25-02-2017 (BG IP: 25-02-2017, BG NA: 09-03-2017, BG IP2: 25-03-2017)
O_guy said:
Apply for extension and include a cover letter explaining you are a minor and you did not know you had to apply for extension before your visa expired. Also, in your visa extension application, include photocopies of your parents' passports showing their status.
Hi,

I know this was posted long time ago.
But I would like to ask what happened to your case? I need to know what happens if parents forget/didn't know that they had to get visitor permit for minors even if they are on valid status?

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi,

I know this was posted long time ago.
But I would like to ask what happened to your case? I need to know what happens if parents forget/didn't know that they had to get visitor permit for minors even if they are on valid status?
Were you able to apply for the same? How did it pan out?