+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my spouse sponsorship takinggg too long helppp!!

Hfsn

Feb 25, 2020
Hi I am a Canadian Citizen and just got married over 2 years ago and applied for my husband to get his PR under my sponsorship more than a year ago. I received my file number and it is written "We received you application on April 24, 2019".
(by the way both my husband and I live together outside of Canada and waiting for his PR approval so we move there together. ITS bEEN 10 MONTHS and still no request for medical exam or biometrics at all! my friend applied the same time for her husband and they have already been for their medical and biometrics. This is worrying me. On the CIC website it says 12 months for spousal sponsorship including biometric and everything. but its 10 months and nothing yet. Has this happened to anyone? pleasee HELP!

Hfsn

Feb 25, 2020
Have you checked through ECAS or created and linked an account through GCKEY?
See i went through a lawyer to do all of these and my lawyer keeps calling them and i have also called and all they tell me is that it’s under process and nothing else. Havent gotten any emails or anything yet.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi I am a Canadian Citizen and just got married over 2 years ago and applied for my husband to get his PR under my sponsorship more than a year ago. I received my file number and it is written "We received you application on April 24, 2019".
(by the way both my husband and I live together outside of Canada and waiting for his PR approval so we move there together. ITS bEEN 10 MONTHS and still no request for medical exam or biometrics at all! my friend applied the same time for her husband and they have already been for their medical and biometrics. This is worrying me. On the CIC website it says 12 months for spousal sponsorship including biometric and everything. but its 10 months and nothing yet. Has this happened to anyone? pleasee HELP!
this lawyer doesn’t trust me. write to the web form or check the status in ecas if you have a payment receipt number ... something strange here

Hfsn

Feb 25, 2020
this lawyer doesn’t trust me. write to the web form or check the status in ecas if you have a payment receipt number ... something strange here
Yea ok i thought so too .. i will try but i have no receipt or anything because everything is with the lawyer :(

• Sad
Reactions: Belarusian

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mine is like that too.My husband finally went for biometrics nov...lawyers not not so good to trust.i have a lawyer and when I called immigration..even the date was wrong and all this time the lawyer was eating my time and when I asked for recipt she didn’t even give that to me either.I got my app number from immigration and. Now I finally have my file number.I think my application got sent back and she never sent anything.i think u should call immigration yourself and don’t leave it to the lawyer

• Love
Reactions: saqibzamir

Hfsn

Feb 25, 2020
Mine is like that too.My husband finally went for biometrics nov...lawyers not not so good to trust.i have a lawyer and when I called immigration..even the date was wrong and all this time the lawyer was eating my time and when I asked for recipt she didn’t even give that to me either.I got my app number from immigration and. Now I finally have my file number.I think my application got sent back and she never sent anything.i think u should call immigration yourself and don’t leave it to the lawyer
Heyy how long did it take for your husband ? He lives in iran so i moved there when we got married but my lawyers office is in toronto. So i should ask her for the receipt? Yea i got my file number but there is absolutely nothing just 1 line written “we received your application april 24, 2019” and thats it. It’s so frustrating because i really want us to leave sooner and we’re stuck

Reactions: Nina12

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
It takes longer depending which VO you are transferred to. Mine is in Mexico and I'm at 14 months now and will likely be another 3-5 months for me

Hfsn

Feb 25, 2020
It takes longer depending which VO you are transferred to. Mine is in Mexico and I'm at 14 months now and will likely be another 3-5 months for me
Heyy ok so is there some way we could find out what the processing times for the VO we’re referred to ? Mine is in the ankara office turkey

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Heyy ok so is there some way we could find out what the processing times for the VO we’re referred to ? Mine is in the ankara office turkey
I would imagine if you search the forums there is probably a thread for that office with others like yourself.

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
Heyy how long did it take for your husband ? He lives in iran so i moved there when we got married but my lawyers office is in toronto. So i should ask her for the receipt? Yea i got my file number but there is absolutely nothing just 1 line written “we received your application april 24, 2019” and thats it. It’s so frustrating because i really want us to leave sooner and we’re stuck
You should call immigration hun press 2 1 1 0 and u will get representive