+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Spouse refuse to do medical and PCC?wat to do now plz help?

deepti@12345

Jan 10, 2018
Dear Sir,

I had applied for Canadian PR as a sole applicant through CIC with my spouse listed as 'Not Accompanying' from very first day.

Since then, I had received NOI from state of Ontario and subsequently registered for PNP nomination, which I am hopeful to receive in early 2018.

In anticipation, of a successful PNP nomination, I recently discussed with my spouse for undergoing her PCC/Medical in the event I receive ITA. Unfortunately, he has refused to undego PCC/Medical to support my PR application and is also non-committal on a legal sepration.

I fear that this intractable stance taken by my spouse regarding PCC/Medical will result in me loosing this opportunity for Canadian PR even though my spouse is not part of my PR application and my application is being processed on it's sole merit.

Please advise; that if I submit an affidavit to CIC confirming that I will never be sponsoring my spouse's PR now or ever in future, will CIC be agreeable to waive of the PCC/Medical requirement of a 'Not Accompanying' spouse?

Also, if there are any other alternative recommendations that you can make considering my case; I would be most thanlful.

Thanks,
Deepti

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Non-accompanying spouses MUST complete the medical and PCC. This is mandatory for your application to be approved.

You need to convince CIC to remove your spouse from the application completely if you cannot convince your spouse to complete the medical and PCC process.

To remove your spouse from the application completely you will need to demonstrate that you have divorced or legally separated from your spouse - or try to convince CIC that you are no longer in a relationship with your spouse (i.e. no longer living together, etc.) and that you understand that by removing your spouse from the application, you will never be able to sponsor your spouse in the future. So yes - you can certainly try the affidavit route. It may work - but there's also some chance it will not.

diliprath

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-02-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2018
File Transfer...
08-02-2018
Med's Done....
20-02-2018
Passport Req..
16-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2018
I believe there is a option to modify family details even after receiving ITA as long as you have not applied. I created my profile initially marking my Spouse and child will not accompany me and got my ITA within 2 days. However after going through the horror stories of the time it takes to get spousal sponsorship completed, I was exploring if I can include them in my application for PR. I was able to modify family details and include both in my profile and now just waiting for all documents to arrive before applying. If you can do that and provide proof to CIC with that you are pursuing separation, that might also be a way. But at the end of it, be mindful that this is a very peculiar situation you are in and the most straight forward way is to either convince your spouse or come to agreement about future plans

Serenity.09

Aug 22, 2019
Hi,
I have applied aswel for express entry.
My husband is adamant on not getting medical and pcc. He does not want to divorce me either. He is deliberately trying that i dont get through my process.
There is no process of legal separation in India. A person needs to apply for divorce.
A divorce procedure in India during such cases take upto 2 years.
I will get an invite really soon.
He is out of contact with me and does not respond to any of the request for medical and pcc.
I really need help in this case. Will above mentioned affidavit work ?
Is there any other alternative ?
@deepti if you can help me out as i hope you are already in canada.

Thanks and regards,
D.F

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My husband is adamant on not getting medical and pcc. He does not want to divorce me either. He is deliberately trying that i dont get through my process.
There is no process of legal separation in India. A person needs to apply for divorce.
He is out of contact with me and does not respond to any of the request for medical and pcc.

Thanks and regards,
D.F
Ok, explain you situation, put your spouse as separated in your application and explain again. At the end state that you are aware that you will never ever be able to sponsor that person and that's it.

I think others have already done it before. Good luck

deva3012

Dec 18, 2010
Hi,

Thanks and regards,
D.F

Hi D.F.

Could you solve your above problem.
Would like to know the procedure.

Regards

LuXar

Mar 13, 2018
Ok, explain you situation, put your spouse as separated in your application and explain again. At the end state that you are aware that you will never ever be able to sponsor that person and that's it.

I think others have already done it before. Good luck
any update plzzz

Geet18618

Nov 18, 2021
Dear Sir,

I had applied for Canadian PR as a sole applicant through CIC with my spouse listed as 'Not Accompanying' from very first day.

Since then, I had received NOI from state of Ontario and subsequently registered for PNP nomination, which I am hopeful to receive in early 2018.

In anticipation, of a successful PNP nomination, I recently discussed with my spouse for undergoing her PCC/Medical in the event I receive ITA. Unfortunately, he has refused to undego PCC/Medical to support my PR application and is also non-committal on a legal sepration.

I fear that this intractable stance taken by my spouse regarding PCC/Medical will result in me loosing this opportunity for Canadian PR even though my spouse is not part of my PR application and my application is being processed on it's sole merit.

Please advise; that if I submit an affidavit to CIC confirming that I will never be sponsoring my spouse's PR now or ever in future, will CIC be agreeable to waive of the PCC/Medical requirement of a 'Not Accompanying' spouse?

Also, if there are any other alternative recommendations that you can make considering my case; I would be most thanlful.

Thanks,
Deepti
Any update deepti I am in same situation as you were in
How did you solve that