+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My spouse is in Implied status to get PGWP and I in open work permit

Polite

Sep 20, 2020
Hi

I 'm in open work permit and it's going to expire in the last of october ( 31 october 2020) my wife applied to get Post Graduate work Permit (PGWP) 2 months ago.
These days she got a job (1 months ago) and she's got two pay slips, but she is still in implied status.
I want to extend open work permit :

1- My wife is in implied status to get PGWP (2 months ago)
2- My work permit is valid just 40 days.
3- she found a job during she was in implied status
4-she's got two pay slips
5-her job is in NOC A
6- My job is in NOC B
7- her study permit and my open work permit, both expire at the same time ( 31 october 2020).
As you know I have to apply to extend my open work permit at least 1 month before it expires.Is there any way I could apply to extend my Open permit visa while my wife is in Implied status?

My concern :
The worse condition:

If I couldn't apply during these days(40 days) and my wife get her PGWP after my expiration date I will miss my job.Please help me what is the best solution for me.
Please suppose the border is not open till that date.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

I 'm in open work permit and it's going to expire in the last of october ( 31 october 2020) my wife applied to get Post Graduate work Permit (PGWP) 2 months ago.
These days she got a job (1 months ago) and she's got two pay slips, but she is still in implied status.
I want to extend open work permit :

1- My wife is in implied status to get PGWP (2 months ago)
2- My work permit is valid just 40 days.
3- she found a job during she was in implied status
4-she's got two pay slips
5-her job is in NOC A
6- My job is in NOC B
7- her study permit and my open work permit, both expire at the same time ( 31 october 2020).
As you know I have to apply to extend my open work permit at least 1 month before it expires.Is there any way I could apply to extend my Open permit visa while my wife is in Implied status?

My concern :
The worse condition:

If I couldn't apply during these days(40 days) and my wife get her PGWP after my expiration date I will miss my job.Please help me what is the best solution for me.
Please suppose the border is not open till that date.
You don’t have to apply one month before the expiry. You have up to the day it expires. You should wait until you have the 3rd pay stubs and apply for a OWP with her PGWP.

Polite

Sep 20, 2020
You don’t have to apply one month before the expiry. You have up to the day it expires. You should wait until you have the 3rd pay stubs and apply for a OWP with her PGWP.
But the concern is that if we didn't get PGWP up to day it expires,could I apply for OWP and I go to implied status till my wife get PGWP and I paste it to my document. I'm afraid If they gave PGWP after expiry and I can't work next of the expiry so I will miss my job.