+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Sponsor went to jail

Andre1989

Apr 25, 2024
Good morning all,
So my PR as been approved in January 5th 2024 and I’m already working with my sin number and everything, I just don’t have my physical PR card until the his day because I don’t know maybe is taking awhile.
So basically I’m here because my partner when to jail and he was the one who sponsor me by doing an inland application.
After the PR approved on the internet says that he needs to provide 3 years of basic needs.
So my question is do I lose my PR even tho he went to jail and his at risk to be deported because of a crime he did?
Unfortunately he took a drug called Meth and he yeah, it’s very sad.
Hope you guys can help me, that way I can see if I can help him too.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good morning all,
So my PR as been approved in January 5th 2024 and I’m already working with my sin number and everything, I just don’t have my physical PR card until the his day because I don’t know maybe is taking awhile.
So basically I’m here because my partner when to jail and he was the one who sponsor me by doing an inland application.
After the PR approved on the internet says that he needs to provide 3 years of basic needs.
So my question is do I lose my PR even tho he went to jail and his at risk to be deported because of a crime he did?
Unfortunately he took a drug called Meth and he yeah, it’s very sad.
Hope you guys can help me, that way I can see if I can help him too.
Thank you
No. You don't lose PR. You are fine.