+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My son was born in Canada. Should I include him in the PR application?

brookwk

Feb 8, 2015
My son was born in Canada 3 years ago. And he has Canadian passport.
Now I am invited to apply for permanent resident through EE.
Should I include him in PR application? He is now with us outside Canada. And will return to Canada with us.
He holds both Canadian passport and passport of our country. When he left Canada two years ago he used his passport of our country.
Thanks.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You can put either, it won't matter because he's already a citizen there is no processing or procedures for him. I'd probably put accompanying if he will travel with you.

What other options are there?

brookwk

Feb 8, 2015
You can put either, it won't matter because he's already a citizen there is no processing or procedures for him. I'd probably put accompanying if he will travel with you.

What other options are there?
Thanks. In the questionnaire "Is your second child included in this application?" I answered "no". And in the application my son's status shows "unaccompanying". When I change it "yes" then it becomes "accompanying".

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Thanks. In the questionnaire "Is your second child included in this application?" I answered "no". And in the application my son's status shows "unaccompanying". When I change it "yes" then it becomes "accompanying".
OK, then you should select no and it should be unaccompanying.

Your son isn't part of your application.