+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My sister is 28 years old. was refused

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
she lives in my home country Syria. she is 28, doing a master's degree at the university.
she was refused based on: - no income for her as she doesn't work. - her travel history. - her family ties over there as she is not married.

how can I help her to come here? I work in Ontario and I am a Canadian citizen.

I was thinking that maybe I try to find her some volunteer opportunity? if that happened which category will she come into?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
she lives in my home country Syria. she is 28, doing a master's degree at the university.
she was refused based on: - no income for her as she doesn't work. - her travel history. - her family ties over there as she is not married.

how can I help her to come here? I work in Ontario and I am a Canadian citizen.

I was thinking that maybe I try to find her some volunteer opportunity? if that happened which category will she come into?
She should either try and get a study permit by doing a PhD in Canada or work towards qualifying to immigrate via express entry. Given her lack of ties to Syria and thepotential that she may claim asylum if she entered Canada getting approved to visit Canada will be difficult. Her lack of assets, the fact that you and your parents will be living in Canada, the fact that she doesn’t have good longterm employment to return to in Syria and the lack of good job opportunities if she returned to Syria will make it difficult for her to get any form of temporary permit. The only exemption may be getting a study permit to attend a good PhD program.

Reactions: YVR123 and fdido