+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My question on supporting document for "development of the relationship"

trdoorsdown

Apr 27, 2015
In the IMM 5490, the Question number 9 (development of the relationship), Question number 15 (Wedding ceremony) and Question number 18 (Wedding reception) basically need extra supporting documents and photos to clarify the details.

My question is, do I still need to put those photos already used in the supporting materials again in the proof of relationship part (usually the third part).

As I have been preparing the documents and photos for the proof of relationship, and have already organized them in a way I see proper, I do not want to change the order and organization of the papers for the third part (proof of relationship).

Any suggestion will be welcomed. Thanks guys.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only provide something that is requested once and just write something like "see evidence of relationship packet" for questions that are redundant.

If CIC needs more than one of something (such as the PR photos for example) they will indicate that in the forms/checklist.

Pakster84

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2015
I kept the development of the relationship, wedding, and reception photos in the IMM5490 packet as requested. There is no reason to have two sets of copies, because at the end all your photos and evidence will be wrapped up in the same packet anyway. I'm sure the Immigration officer will organize the material in their own way once it is received.

As for what I included in the last section (any other additional proof):

I scanned and printed cards I had received from holidays and birthdays, ticket stubs (sporting events, movies, concerts, etc), FB posts of friends and family congratulating my sponsor and I on engagements and wedding, additional emails back and forth from family and friends mentioning my relationship with sponsor, and letters of support from family and friends vouching.

trdoorsdown

Apr 27, 2015
Ponga said:
Only provide something that is requested once and just write something like "see evidence of relationship packet" for questions that are redundant.

If CIC needs more than one of something (such as the PR photos for example) they will indicate that in the forms/checklist.
Thanks for the input.

trdoorsdown

Apr 27, 2015
Pakster84 said:
I kept the development of the relationship, wedding, and reception photos in the IMM5490 packet as requested. There is no reason to have two sets of copies, because at the end all your photos and evidence will be wrapped up in the same packet anyway. I'm sure the Immigration officer will organize the material in their own way once it is received.

As for what I included in the last section (any other additional proof):

I scanned and printed cards I had received from holidays and birthdays, ticket stubs (sporting events, movies, concerts, etc), FB posts of friends and family congratulating my sponsor and I on engagements and wedding, additional emails back and forth from family and friends mentioning my relationship with sponsor, and letters of support from family and friends vouching.
Really helpful. I am just thinking about let our mutual frd write a supporting letter or proof letter, too.

Morganhannah

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
18-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2015
We attached our wedding, reception and honeymoon photos with the form and had the rest of our photos with the evidence.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Take to heart the advice from those out of the same VO as you more. I can't see on this thread what VO that is in your case. I mention it since in contrast to the above, our story was only 3 sentences long and included about 60 pics, that's it. We're processed out of Manila.

trdoorsdown

Apr 27, 2015
truesmile said:
Take to heart the advice from those out of the same VO as you more. I can't see on this thread what VO that is in your case. I mention it since in contrast to the above, our story was only 3 sentences long and included about 60 pics, that's it. We're processed out of Manila.
The office for me would be Beijing.

Have not got any previous experience for that office