+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PR card exp jan2012 , I want to come on next week i.e after 3 and half yrs

Suds

Oct 30, 2009
Hi All,

I am back after 9 months to this site. Finally I resigned my company, as i didnt see any luck in going to canada thru it. I am basically from IT background. I have PR card from 2007 - Jan 2012. I recieved my pr cards thru my friends. No doubt i didnt meet the residence of 2 years in canada. Duration left on my PR card is 18 months i.e till Jan 2012.

1. Am I allowed inside canada now,becos i have card till 2012?
2. Any challenges at POE ?
3. Can i check in online or somewhere whether PR card is active or revoked, as i crossed 3 and half yrs.?
4. I think few pply faced the same kind of situation, appreciate if they could share their exp.

Hoping for ur valuable answers.

Suds

Oct 30, 2009
I blocked the ticket for 24th of this month. Based on valuable answers/suggestions , I would be ready.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This older post might help you:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-expiring-in-2012-must-move-to-canada-before-2010-t36835.0.html

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
These links will answer most (if not all) of your questions.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-obligation-not-met-card-still-valid-t32335.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/re-pr-renewal-t28260.0.html;msg161818#msg161818

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-card-renewal-interview-t23359.0.html;msg131611#msg131611

Suds

Oct 30, 2009
Hi Steaky and Alabaman

First link helped a bit ..Thanks.. ..But still i am waiting for all answers. Hope Leon or some seniors will help..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You can certainly try to enter Canada but if they suspect that you don't meet the residency requirements, they might just want to revoke your PR.

2. If they suspect that you don't meet the residency requirements, they can start proceedings to revoke your PR, they will let you enter Canada for 30 days and during this time, you must appeal their decision based on 1) that they are wrong and you do meet the residency requirements or 2) that you had H&C reasons for not meeting the residency requirements and therefore they should let you keep your PR.

3. No, it will not be on any list like that. It is basically the judgement of the immigration officer where you cross.

Suds

Oct 30, 2009
Ok. Looks like I have 50-50 chances.

1.If they allow me in with no questions, then I should say i should be the luckiest person.
2.If they allow me in to appeal within 30 days , then the chances are more to loose the PR or it depends?
3. In any case they ALLOW ME IN FOR SURE?

4. If they allow me in , what are the chances i have for winning. I dont think i can win in proving them wrong that i met residency reks, this is for sure. I am asking about the other option like I had H&C reasons , do you c any cases who winned or loose with this option?
Any suggestions what are the key points for winning in H&C reasons

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will allow you in for sure but if they want to revoke your PR and invite you to appeal, you should talk to a lawyer. I don't know the chances of winning a case like that.

Suds

Oct 30, 2009
Thank you very much Leon. Guys any help from anyone. I am sure few of us would have faced this, pls share ur exp . I will be much thanksful.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suds said:
Thank you very much Leon. Guys any help from anyone. I am sure few of us would have faced this, pls share ur exp . I will be much thanksful.
They will let you in. Stop worrying.

Suds

Oct 30, 2009
Thanks ..I got another gud news..I am not carrying my old passport as it is expired..i am taking new one...no stamps ...no entry dates and no exit dates..... :)