+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PGWP - please help

jahsjsjd

Apr 13, 2020
Hello everyone.

I am in complete desperate situation…
As I am completing my 4th year of education this year, at some point about a month ago I decided to check my weekly hours for all 3 years ago (2019) that I am working there. And I found some horrible mistakes I did at the begging of my work history:
One week I did - 25.99 + 4 hours next week - 30 on pay check
Few month later I did 20.15 + 15 - 35 hours on my pay check and then 22 hours + 20.15 hours - 42 on my paystub.
I honestly had no idea it happened as all my other weeks are always less than 20 during academic session.
I was never doing to earn money because all I wanted is to gain experience in the field I am currently studying. I received the promotion in this company and never even thought of changing the work place as it is possible for me to become full-time when I graduate. My grades are 80+ and I am in dean’s list.
When I found out about this mistake, I consulted with some immigration advisors who say it is better to hide it when I apply for PGWP, however I do not want to lie about my stupidity as misrepresentation is horrible…
I honestly do not know what to do, maybe quitting my job right now and write LOE to state my mistake and beg for their forgiveness. Please advice because I am in horrible mental state right now, I can’t sleep or eat, I only think about this mistake and why I was so inattentive.

Taran0013

May 5, 2021
Hello everyone.

As I am completing my 4th year of education this year, at some point about a month ago I decided to check my weekly hours for all 3 years ago (2019) that I am working there. And I found some horrible mistakes I did at the begging of my work history:
Few month later I did 20.15 + 15 - 35 hours on my pay check and then 22 hours + 20.15 hours - 42 on my paystub.
I honestly had no idea it happened as all my other weeks are always less than 20 during academic session.
I was never doing to earn money because all I wanted is to gain experience in the field I am currently studying. I received the promotion in this company and never even thought of changing the work place as it is possible for me to become full-time when I graduate. My grades are 80+ and I am in dean’s list.
When I found out about this mistake, I consulted with some immigration advisors who say it is better to hide it when I apply for PGWP, however I do not want to lie about my stupidity as misrepresentation is horrible…
I honestly do not know what to do, maybe quitting my job right now and write LOE to state my mistake and beg for their forgiveness. Please advice because I am in horrible mental state right now, I can’t sleep or eat, I only think about this mistake and why I was so inattentive.
You are thinking too much. You are fine. They don't ask for your hours of work when you apply for PGWP. You Will get it

NikitaLisbon

Star Member
Oct 4, 2021
Hello everyone.

Honestly, i would explain it the exact same way you just did, they are allowed to use their discretion sometimes if not most of the time. what i wouldnt do, is try to hide it, as it shows bad faith in case they know about it. It would just be too late and time consuming if they find out on their own. Best of lucj my friend...

jahsjsjd

Apr 13, 2020
Honestly, i would explain it the exact same way you just did, they are allowed to use their discretion sometimes if not most of the time. what i wouldnt do, is try to hide it, as it shows bad faith in case they know about it. It would just be too late and time consuming if they find out on their own. Best of lucj my friend...
Thank you for your advice, I think being honest about my mistakes is the best choice in this case. Thank you once again!

Yaheyj

Jan 4, 2022
Hello everyone.

I think the first step is to make sure you are no longer working Over 20hours a week. If you choose to disclose, a letter of explanation would work most especially since your grades are great. Explain that it was an oversight and state that it wasn’t because work was your main priority as seen in your grades. Overall I think you’d be fine. We don’t all have perfect applications

jahsjsjd

Apr 13, 2020
I think the first step is to make sure you are no longer working Over 20hours a week. If you choose to disclose, a letter of explanation would work most especially since your grades are great. Explain that it was an oversight and state that it wasn’t because work was your main priority as seen in your grades. Overall I think you’d be fine. We don’t all have perfect applications
Hey! Yeah for all the 3 years of employment, my hours are less than 20, except for those 4 weeks at the begging. Even during summer break I didn’t work full-time, as I was simply working for gaining experience. I will probably consult with more lawyers to gather as much information as possible of how to disclose it. Thank you for your sharing your opinion, I really appreciate it!

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hello everyone.

IRCC employees are not CRA employees. Having said that they do check randomly whether an applicant has complied with the SP rules. They do it very rarely cause doing so would mean consulting the CRA and pulling your pay stubs which would mean more processing time for you and the IRCC, and particularly during times such as these, it would be very rare indeed. No need to write about it in the LOE, if and when they ask you in a separate communication, then you can come clean.

jahsjsjd

Apr 13, 2020
IRCC employees are not CRA employees. Having said that they do check randomly whether an applicant has complied with the SP rules. They do it very rarely cause doing so would mean consulting the CRA and pulling your pay stubs which would mean more processing time for you and the IRCC, and particularly during times such as these, it would be very rare indeed. No need to write about it in the LOE, if and when they ask you in a separate communication, then you can come clean.
I only have one paystub that is 42 something hours, because my pay is bi-weekly. But I think that if they notice the extra hours themselves it will be considered as misrepresentation, because I need to choose whether I have worked illegally or no on PGWP questionnaire.

jahsjsjd

Apr 13, 2020
Anyways, thank you for your advice! I appreciate it!

Ntechno

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
I do feel you are overthinking the situation. I agree with the immigration advisor here, you should just avoid mentioning it, you are not lying in any case, it is just not speaking about an issue if you don't recollect it (since you mentioned that it was during the very initial period). If they take the rare chance to consult with CRA about your work hours and see one or two outlier, they would either dismiss the outlier or ask for explanation, in which case you can give explanation as mentioned in your post. This is my personal opinion.

Reactions: Shantanu Ade

jahsjsjd

Apr 13, 2020
I do feel you are overthinking the situation. I agree with the immigration advisor here, you should just avoid mentioning it, you are not lying in any case, it is just not speaking about an issue if you don't recollect it (since you mentioned that it was during the very initial period). If they take the rare chance to consult with CRA about your work hours and see one or two outlier, they would either dismiss the outlier or ask for explanation, in which case you can give explanation as mentioned in your post. This is my personal opinion.
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! You guys here are awesome and giving me some hope!