+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PGWP has been Refused .... because I was part-time in one semester.

Gill Manjot

Nov 4, 2020
Hi, I want help regarding my work permit. At this time, PGWP has been refused. The reason for refusal was a part-time study in one semester because I didn't have any other options left. Other courses had prerequisite requirements. Next semester I had one course and coop. In my college coop and one course means I was a full-time student in that semester.

I applied for my PGWP with LOE written by myself. Even then, I got a refusal.

Now I have talked with the Dean of my department, and they are agreed to do any help I need.

Should I apply for PGWP again with the college's letter? Can I get a work permit by reapplying with more documents and approval from college?

Obviously, I had to get a letter from my college when the first time I have applied. I realize my mistake now.

Here is the timeline of courses I took

Fall 2016 - 12 credit( fulltime ) - arrival in Canada - Network and Telecommunications Engineering

Winter 2017 - 15 credit( fulltime )

Fall 2017 - 12 credit( fulltime )

Winter 2018 - 12 credit( fulltime )

Fall 2018 - 9 credit( fulltime )

Winter 2019 - 6 Credits( Parttime)

Fall 2019 - 3 credit and Coop (My college consider this Full time)

Winter 2020 - 12 credit( fulltime )

Got Completion letter - 19 May 2020

Applied for PGWP - 8 June 2020

Refusal of PGWP - 29 October 2020

Any help and advice, please. I would be grateful to you.

sheldoor

Nov 4, 2020
@Gill Manjot I am sorry to hear this. According to PGWP rules, you are only allowed to do last term as part time. Did they give a specific reason? If not try applying for GCMS notes if thats an option.

Gill Manjot

Nov 4, 2020
Hi Guys, Thankyou so much for your reply.

I also have an update on my case. Today I talked to IRCC on the phone call, and they told me that I should fill the reconsideration form. In that form, I can attach a college Letter explaining the reason for part-time. If there would be a valid reason, they can change their decision as well. I have seen on this forum people getting PGWP after attaching a letter from the college.

I include the Reason because I couldn't register for more courses. After all, I wasn't meeting the prerequisite requirement.

I will let you know what will happen to my case in future.
Again thank you for helpful insight.

sheldoor

Nov 4, 2020
Hi Guys, Thankyou so much for your reply.

I also have an update on my case. Today I talked to IRCC on the phone call, and they told me that I should fill the reconsideration form. In that form, I can attach a college Letter explaining the reason for part-time. If there would be a valid reason, they can change their decision as well. I have seen on this forum people getting PGWP after attaching a letter from the college.

I include the Reason because I couldn't register for more courses. After all, I wasn't meeting the prerequisite requirement.

I will let you know what will happen to my case in future.
Again thank you for helpful insight.
Good luck. I hope it works out for you.

• Love
Reactions: Gill Manjot

Gill Manjot

Nov 4, 2020
@Gill Manjot I am sorry to hear this. According to PGWP rules, you are only allowed to do last term as part time. Did they give a specific reason? If not try applying for GCMS notes if thats an option.
Thank you for your reply, sheldoor. Yes, they gave me the reason for the refusal. They were not satisfied with the explanation I had provided in my explanation letter in my Application.
I am hopeful if now college is writing in a letter the reason for being part-time, I should get PGWP.

Sunraj

Dec 17, 2020
Thank you for your reply, sheldoor. Yes, they gave me the reason for the refusal. They were not satisfied with the explanation I had provided in my explanation letter in my Application.
I am hopeful if now college is writing in a letter the reason for being part-time, I should get PGWP.
Hey i am in similar situation. Did you get your PGWP?

Gill Manjot

Nov 4, 2020
Hi Sunraj, sorry to hear this. In my my case Now i have reapplied my PGWP with help of IRCC certified and refusal experienced Consultant. I have received a letter from college which explain that not picking another course was beyond my control amd they wrote other helpful things too that how was my performance in class.
I am hoping to receive positive results in February 2021.

Gill Manjot

Nov 4, 2020
Please let me know if i can help you further to answer any questions you have. It is very tough time when you receive this kind of update about your immigration. But be positive and never give up.